By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mar10 Day 2024

It's a short video with no major surprises. No trailers. But we did get release dates for some games and the new movie at least. 

• Super Mario Bros 2 is confirmed to be in production. Will release April 3rd 2026
  • Game Release dates (no trailers shown either)
    • Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door 5/23
    • Luigi's Mansion 2 HD 6/27
    • Gameboy Classics (Nintendo Online) 3/12
      • Dr. Mario
      • Mario Golf
      • Mario Tennis

I'm just glad we have release dates for Luigi's Mansion 2 and Paper Mario. I feel like next year will be bigger. They'll probably show new games and maybe even a small peak at the movie but this year was kind of slim pickings considering the next Nintendo Console will be arriving next year.

Around the Network

The Super Mario Bros. Movie 2 is earlier than I expected. I was expecting. 2027-2030.
Luigi's Mansion 2 is pretty much what I expected. They said summer, so I figured late June at the earliest, late August at the latest.
Paper Mario is sooner than expected. I was thinking July for the 20th anniversary of the Japanese release.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Paper Mario release date and the Mario Sports Game Boy games are awesome to see!!!

Really excited for the Mario Bros movie! My daughter will definitely be old enough to see this one in theaters!

Paper and LM2 will be day 1.

Why not Super Mario Land for GB NSO?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:

Why not Super Mario Land for GB NSO?

Yeah, it's strange that they have 2 on there but not the original. I wonder if there is something different about the licensing maybe? Mario Land and Galaxy 2 are definitely oversights for games that should be on the Switch but aren't. 

Wonder why they were so careful not to call the movie The Super Mario Bros. Movie 2 and instead a new a new movie set in the Mario universe...?

KLXVER said:

Wonder why they were so careful not to call the movie The Super Mario Bros. Movie 2 and instead a new a new movie set in the Mario universe...?

Yeah that could mean so many things, like even Luigi’s Mansion lol

Tempted to get Paper Mario TTYD day 1.

Might use a NSO voucher program - just need to choose a 2nd game.

I'm looking forward to the next Mario movie in just over 2 years. I hope that Yoshi and Rosalina make their movie debuts.

Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door is releasing earlier than I expected. I was thinking Q3 2024. I'm super excited to finally play it.