By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF7 Rebirth trailing Behind Remake Launch Numbers!

Maybe PC support will be sooner than later.

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

I'm shocked PC version of FF XVI isn't released yet, that has to come first.

V-r0cK said:

How many PS4 sales in Japan by 2020, and how many PS5 sales in Japan currently?

I feel like that install base is irrelevant here. We are 3+ years into the PS5 life and everyone knew FF16 and FF7 Rebirth were PS5 only. Anyone who is a FF fan would have bought a PS5 by now to play those games.

Higher price especially on a platform that has less units than its predecessor at the time Remake came out are factors.

Also, possible that people bought FFVII Remake/Intergrade but havent played it yet so no point in buying Rebirth at this point. (Or some people didnt like the changes and had no interest in buying the sequel).

The game will likely have legs as it goes on sale.

Radek said:
Chrkeller said:

I'm shocked PC version of FF XVI isn't released yet, that has to come first.

Maybe, I mean it should be first for sure.  Anothet game I would happily support.  Though given 16 is older, I won't be paying full price when it hits PC.  

Around the Network
Sogreblute said:
V-r0cK said:

How many PS4 sales in Japan by 2020, and how many PS5 sales in Japan currently?

I feel like that install base is irrelevant here. We are 3+ years into the PS5 life and everyone knew FF16 and FF7 Rebirth were PS5 only. Anyone who is a FF fan would have bought a PS5 by now to play those games.

2 of those 3 years you couldn't get a PS5, and had to win a lotttery just to have a chance to get one. And now the economy has changed quite a bit.
Saying everyone that wants a game would have it is nice in theory, but we see time and again how install base does affect sales.

PS4 was at around 9 Million units in Japan when Remake came out.
PS5 is at 5 Million. Close to half.

I would absolutely pick up this game, except I haven't gotten a PS5 yet. One or two games is not enough for me to get a new console these days when 95% of the games are still cross gen, and they're releasing new models of the system by the time it has enough games to warrant the purchase.

I'm currently playing Unicorn Overlord, Persona 3 Reload, Granblue Fantasy Relink, and about to start the new Yakuza and Tekken 8.
I don't need a 6th game right at this moment when I also have to buy a console for it.

They mentioned the 29th of April as the potential cut off date for the console exclusivity, so if it goes to Steam then, I would get it there and wait for a PS5 Pro.

Last edited by Hiku - on 09 March 2024

Sogreblute said:

Anyone who is a FF fan would have bought a PS5 by now to play those games.

Doubt.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Sogreblute said:

Anyone who is a FF fan would have bought a PS5 by now to play those games.

Doubt.

Welp I am a fan of FF ... 1 through 10 that is 🤭

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Hiku said:
Sogreblute said:

2 of those 3 years you couldn't get a PS5, and had to win a lotttery just to have a chance to get one. And now the economy has changed quite a bit.
Saying everyone that wants a game would have it is nice in theory, but we see time and again how install base does affect sales.

PS4 was at around 9 Million units in Japan when Remake came out.
PS5 is at 5 Million. Close to half.

I would absolutely pick up this game, except I haven't gotten a PS5 yet. One or two games is not enough for me to get a new console these days when 95% of the games are still cross gen, and they're releasing new models of the system by the time it has enough games to warrant the purchase.

I'm currently playing Unicorn Overlord, Persona 3 Reload, Granblue Fantasy Relink, and about to start the new Yakuza and Tekken 8.
I don't need a 6th game right at this moment when I also have to buy a console for it.

They mentioned the 29th of April as the potential cut off date for the console exclusivity, so if it goes to Steam then, I would get it there and wait for a PS5 Pro.

You listing all those games shows FF7 Rebirth is getting overshadowed, and that shows the franchise is declining in popularity in Japan (has been for over a decade but this is it's lowest). Back then game companies had to watch out for FF because of how huge it was. FF used to sell on par with Dragon Quest, now it's selling closer to what a Persona or Like a Dragon game does. That's why I said install base doesn't matter at this point in time since we're 3+ years into the PS5 life. If FF was still a juggernaut PS5's would be flying off the shelves these past few weeks in anticipation, but that isn't the case. FF just isn't that big in Japan anymore. Doesn't help FF7 Remake was very decisive, so they're not going to get all those people who bought FF7 Remake to buy this game.

You fools jumping the gun as usual, completely ignoring the digital factor which was shown time and time again to be growing. Especially in this case where preordering gives you Remake Intergrade for free. Most Remake owners didn't play Intergrade and Yuffie's episode, so the incentive to preorder Rebirth digitally was strong.

Let's give it 4 to 8 weeks before we decide it's a sales disappointment or worse than Remake. We need more data. It underperformed big time in Japan (digital ain't saving these sad numbers and I doubt it'll have legs), but the rest of the world's real results are yet to be seen.