By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF7 Rebirth trailing Behind Remake Launch Numbers!

Xxain said:

Rebirth and XVI are still the 2 biggest PS5 launches. I will reserve thoughts until we get a bigger picture, but I'm not going lie, I personally wish Rebirth released later. How did Yakuza 8 do? I didn't buy Yakuza 8(saving it for summer) because of how close it released to remake, could there be ppl who felt the opposite. 

Like A Dragon PS4 + PS5 combined is at 240k retail, up from a 180k launch. Half of it is PS4 despite the console being EoL for years. FF16 should be 500k tops.

My guess is that either there's a ton of PS5s going to China (way more than assumed) or that the userbase is very digital or a mix of both.

Around the Network

Rebirth being 40% more expensive than Remake in my country (UK) probably doesn't help (£50 vs £70)
You can buy FFXVI preowned right now for £28 at CEX - 8 months after launch. Given something similar is likely to happen to Rebirth, I imagine this would also incentivize people to wait.

Several reasons I guess. Less PS5s sold compared to PS4s. Some people might not have liked the Remake, so they dont care about Rebirth, the higher price of current gen games, maybe it launched at a bad time for some etc...

That's crazy when we know that Rebirth >>>>>> Remake.

-Adonis- said:

That's crazy when we know that Rebirth >>>>>> Remake.

Yeah, they've done everything they can to deliver an excellent game and genuine GOTY contender for the first time since 12. It's up to word of mouth and legs now.

Around the Network

In Japan, where the population is aging like fine wine and seems to be on a prolonged vacation, it's not exactly the silver gamers breaking the bank on PlayStation games. Still though, don't underestimate the gray-haired gamers; they're trading in their rocking chairs for gaming chairs and some of these seasoned individuals are even swapping bingo for buttons.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I don't have the numbers on hand, but I know there were significantly more PS4's in Japan when Remake came out, than there are PS5's now.

As for Final Fantasy 16, it was made by the increadibly beloved FF14 team.
I'm not surprised to hear it utselling any other Final Fantasy game, given 14's current popularity.

I imagine that some people are holding off on buying any FF7 Remake games until there is a complete collection or something like that once all the parts are out. I think the episodic release of this remake hurts its sales in the short term more than people think.

Maybe people are just tired of the old stale gameplay of FF. Action games aren't exactly unique and are, in honesty, a bit dated. Maybe they should try something new. FF is known for constantly changing everything about it, so it's about time it became a first person shooter or something real risky, like a turn based RPG... nah, that's too out there.

Hmm, pie.

On one hand this should partially be expected.

As the trilogy progresses the novelty of the remakes wears thin and the number of people following will fall off. Square are not making this any easier with the convoluted naming conventions. Add to this the fact that there is a smaller userbase and the UK numbers in particular look fine as they'll probably be a match for FFVIIR when digital is included