By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is suing the creators of popular Switch emulator Yuzu

I dont care about Yuzu but fuck them all for killing Citra.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Citra was made when 3DS was still out. Hence it was made mainly for piracy. The last 3DS won't die for at least another decade. So someone can build a legitimate emulator for it in that time. 

There just flat out needs to be a law against development of an emulator for a system that's still actively being sold. 

Cerebralbore101 said:
BasilZero said:

Citra was made when 3DS was still out. Hence it was made mainly for piracy. The last 3DS won't die for at least another decade. So someone can build a legitimate emulator for it in that time. 

There just flat out needs to be a law against development of an emulator for a system that's still actively being sold. 

You keep saying this so i would like you to show me the proof. Its like you think the 3ds didnt have flash carts that could be got for like €40 or how the Switch isnt so easy to hack,.Where is the PS5 and Series X emus???...

zero129 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

You keep saying this so i would like you to show me the proof. Its like you think the 3ds didnt have flash carts that could be got for like €40 or how the Switch isnt so easy to hack,.Where is the PS5 and Series X emus???...

Tropic Haze (the parent company) lost a lawsuit for "facilitating piracy at a colossal scale."

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
zero129 said:

Tropic Haze (the parent company) lost a lawsuit for "facilitating piracy at a colossal scale."

What point are you making here as this in no way goes against what i said.

Like i said was the 3ds not easy to hack with flash carts that could hold lots of pirated games?.

Was the Switch not one of the most easiest to hack consoles since the PS2?.

So once again i would like to see prove of how the 3DS emu or the Switch emu was the main course of Piracy on them consoles.

Around the Network

Well, Suyu (oh, very cheeky) is out, which is branch of Yuzu, and unlike Yuzu, which required only prod.keys, Suyu requires title.keys, prod.keys, and firmware from your Switch.

zero129 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

I don't need absolute proof. Five strong inductive arguments are enough to convince any rational mind. We went over most of them 7 years ago. There are a whole lot of new ones thanks to the Yuzu lawsuit though. 

One new such argument is that the Yuzu devs were pirating games themselves despite swearing up and down  that Yuzu wasn't for piracy. 

And yes, flash carts and system hacks were also used mainly for piracy. 

zero129 said:
Jumpin said:

Like i said was the 3ds not easy to hack with flash carts that could hold lots of pirated games?.

So once again i would like to see prove of how the 3DS emu or the Switch emu was the main course of Piracy on them consoles.

What I wrote precisely explains that piracy is the reason the emulators were taken down. Explaining “the Switch is the most easiest to hack” isn’t relevant, and moving the goal posts to “prove of how the 3DS emu or the Switch emu was the main course of Piracy on them consoles” is completely pointless, because whether it’s true or not makes no difference to the topic.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
zero129 said:

What I wrote precisely explains that piracy is the reason the emulators were taken down. Explaining “the Switch is the most easiest to hack” isn’t relevant, and moving the goal posts to “prove of how the 3DS emu or the Switch emu was the main course of Piracy on them consoles” is completely pointless, because whether it’s true or not makes no difference to the topic.

The "Devs" using pirated games was the main reason for them folding. That in no way shows how the main users of them emus where mostly pirates. Emulation is perfectly legal. What the devs in this case was doing wasnt.

Cerebralbore101 said:
zero129 said:

I don't need absolute proof. Five strong inductive arguments are enough to convince any rational mind. We went over most of them 7 years ago. There are a whole lot of new ones thanks to the Yuzu lawsuit though. 

One new such argument is that the Yuzu devs were pirating games themselves despite swearing up and down  that Yuzu wasn't for piracy. 

And yes, flash carts and system hacks were also used mainly for piracy. 

So Yuzu devs getting their emu shut down since they where sharing games between themselfs (Piracy) to help develop the emu = everyone was using it for piracy?...