By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Biggest leap forward from a system to its successor

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

Perhaps.  I'm a souls person.  Going from dark to blood, I was like "yeah, looks better."  Going from souls 3 to demon remake, I was blown away.  The sharpness, the smoothness and the lighting was fantastic.  For some reason, and I accept being the odd person out, the ps4 was the most disappointing jump for me.  

As a souls person i can see your point, especially with the great remake it really was generational jump, but for gods sake look at dark souls 1 and 2 and compare them to bloodborne, dark souls and sekiro  look like vomit in comparison. Now look at the souls game on ps4 and ps5 they look better but not by a huge margin and they can't even lock the crap at 60fps.

It has been a while since I played ps3, given my favorite games have been remastered.  Odds are the ps3 doesn't look at good as my memory thinks.  

Around the Network

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

As a souls person i can see your point, especially with the great remake it really was generational jump, but for gods sake look at dark souls 1 and 2 and compare them to bloodborne, dark souls and sekiro  look like vomit in comparison. Now look at the souls game on ps4 and ps5 they look better but not by a huge margin and they can't even lock the crap at 60fps.

It has been a while since I played ps3, given my favorite games have been remastered.  Odds are the ps3 doesn't look at good as my memory thinks.  

Sorry but as dark souls fan you should really appreciate the jump in graphics ps4 brought in their games cause this shit looks like ps2 graphics hell MGS2 looks much better. I remember playing dark souls on 360 it was so ugly and so much jank i put it down right away.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 11 February 2024

zeldaring said:

Chrkeller said:

Sorry but as dark souls fan you should really appreciate the jump in graphics ps4 brought in their games cause this shit looks like ps2 graphics hell MGS2 looks much better. I remember playing dark souls on 360 it was so ugly and so much jank i put it down right away.

Yeah, doesn't look nor run like I remember, lol.

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

Yeah, doesn't look nor run like I remember, lol.

That being said holy shit man watching dark souls 3 footage on ps4 and the frame rate is just awful.  got watch some more videos from reliable sources cause bloodbrone frame rate seems much better.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 11 February 2024

7800 to Jaguar, just nobody thinks about it

to

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

Yeah, actually i bought a PS3 recently, and modded it (I have 2 60 Gb ps2 capable ones with an oficial account), played some games I couldnt buy at the time, and they look like ps2-modded-for-upscaling games. I mean, they look good but more like a graphic mod for a ps2 game. So yeah, memory can be deceiving.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Chrkeller said:

Out of curiosity am I the only one who thought ps3 to ps4 was smaller than ps4 to ps5?
The two biggest jumps were snes to n64 and ps1 to ps2.

Personally I found the PS3 to PS4 jump to be more prominent, mainly due to the jump to Physically Based Rendering.

PS3

PS4

PS5

masschamber said:

7800 to Jaguar, just nobody thinks about it

to

Oh, that's probably a straight-up winner, given the gap between 8-bit 7800 and Jaguar's 16/32/64 bit 2D/3D internals.

Jaguar also wins for worse controller ever

For handhelds -> GB/GBC to GBA ex aequo with 3DS to Switch. Both for elevating user experience from a dedicated handled to a console like
For home consoles -> SNES to N64 (2D to 3D)