By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Palworld has sold over 5 million copies in just 3 days

Holy shit it's still climbing. Is this actually gonna overtake CS:GO/Counter Strike 2? At this point I wouldn't be that surprised if this becomes the outright best selling game of the year. This blowing up so much is actually probably gonna help Xbox sales this month at least somewhat. 

Around the Network

https://hard-drive.net/hd/video-games/nikki-haley-excludes-slavery-in-answer-about-palworld-issues/

It's hilarious that Nikki Haley is talking about something serious in this game.

Is the game any good? Never heard of it till this thread

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

https://hard-drive.net/hd/video-games/nikki-haley-excludes-slavery-in-answer-about-palworld-issues/

It's hilarious that Nikki Haley is talking about something serious in this game.

That's a joke article, it's not real lol.

Chrkeller said:

I love the idea of pokemon but game freak is terrible. Glad to see someone doing it right.

Palworld isn't Pokemon though. The pals functionally act more like the Dinos in Ark or the Zombies in Graveyard Keeper. Work them to the bone!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Chrkeller said:

I love the idea of pokemon but game freak is terrible. Glad to see someone doing it right.

Palworld isn't Pokemon though. The pals functionally act more like the Dinos in Ark or the Zombies in Graveyard Keeper. Work them to the bone!

Fair enough.  Arceus was solid.  I just think, we likely agree, Gamefreak needs to get better quickly.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
Mnementh said:

Fair enough.  Arceus was solid.  I just think, we likely agree, Gamefreak needs to get better quickly.

Yeah, Gamefreak is lazy, even though they have gold and could do something with it.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

So, from what I've seen... this has absolutely nothing to do with how Pokémon games work, right? Like... I see a lot of people defining it as "Pokémon with guns"... but besides the suspiciously similar designs of its creatures, Palworld plays nothing like Pokémon. It's more of a survival kind of game (like ARK and such).

Why is it so popular then? Are Pokémon fans being misleaded somehow? xD

Vodacixi said:

So, from what I've seen... this has absolutely nothing to do with how Pokémon games work, right? Like... I see a lot of people defining it as "Pokémon with guns"... but besides the suspiciously similar designs of its creatures, Palworld plays nothing like Pokémon. It's more of a survival kind of game (like ARK and such).

Maybe most people never played Pokémon for the core gameplay loop, just for the critters.

haxxiy said:
Vodacixi said:

Maybe most people never played Pokémon for the core gameplay loop, just for the critters.

If that was the case, then why go after a copycat with like 10 times less creatures instead of the real thing?