By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Palworld has sold over 5 million copies in just 3 days

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Twitter and news.
Now it seems people sincerely expect Nintendo to sue this game.

But didn't they all expect this game to kill Pokémon until a few days ago?

Just the fact this game has guns would get any lawsuit by Nintendo tossed. It immediately changes the target audience. 

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Twitter and news.

Just the fact this game has guns would get any lawsuit by Nintendo tossed. It immediately changes the target audience. 

There are already several games on the Switch that Pokemon clone.

The lawsuit is not dismissed; the lawsuit does not happen.
Westerners project themselves onto Nintendo and pretend to be angry.

G2ThaUNiT said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Twitter and news.

Well, they also avoided to directly copy any Pokemon, in name or appearance. The style is similar, but style isn't protected by IP rights. Maybe one or another Pal may look to similar, but Nintendo would be on difficult ground to prove that. And yeah, at this point the different gameplay and also guns come into play to make judges more likely to rule it as different enough. I don't see much potential for a successful lawsuit here.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Twitter and news.

Nintendo doesn't even own Pokémon, only a minority stake in both TPC and Creatures. I don't think that qualifies them to be plaintiffs unless it concerns the trademarks they specifically own (like name translations).

Regardless, even if GF/TPC sued, there is no legal case to stand on, although some designs do fly a little close to the sun. People are just butthurt for some reason.

They likely wont have a case if Nintendo tries to sue them, not like this is the first game that is a "Pokemon clone" or have creatures that are kind of like Pokemon.

I mean Digimon exist lol.

(Though some of those designs is lol)

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

They likely wont have a case if Nintendo tries to sue them, not like this is the first game that is a "Pokemon clone" or have creatures that are kind of like Pokemon.

I mean Digimon exist lol.

(Though some of those designs is lol)

Yes there are games that mimic Pokémon gameplay and are the same genre that never got sued so I'm not sure why people think this would get sued when it's a different game entirely.

Coromon, Exomon, Tem Tem, Casette Beasts...

If they're not suing creature capture games that mimic the gameplay of a Pokémon game they're not going to sue a creature capture game that more mimics Ark.

I love the idea of pokemon but game freak is terrible. Glad to see someone doing it right.
For the life of me I don't see the basis of a lawsuit. That would be like Steven Spielberg suing ND because uncharted is Indiana Jones.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

The age twelve market seems to be huge.

The game has now sold over 5 million copies three days after release.

Need a VGcharts update article :0

我是广州人