By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 1, 2024 (Jan 01 - Jan 07)

Around the Network
jvmkdg said:
Qwark said:

I expect the PS5 will go down to 15-20k after FFVII rebirth and Rise of the Ronin has launched. After Q1 the Japanese gamer will face a drought, until Dragon Quest, Ghost of Tsushima 2 and Monster Hunter will launch, most likely all these titles won't launch this year. The Switch still has plenty of releases ahead that the Japanese market likes.

You always expect the PS5 to crash. Even though it shows that it can surpass the PS3 in sales

As long as software sales are garbage, I doubt many of these consoles are sold to Japanese gamers. Rather they are exported to China, which is something that's happening and wasn't that big during the PS3 days, due to China being a lot poorer back then.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Playstation sells a lot more digital media. Ghost of Tsushima sold more than 1 million units in Japan alone, only a small part was on physical media. Physical media sales don't matter for Playstation

Qwark said:
jvmkdg said:

You always expect the PS5 to crash. Even though it shows that it can surpass the PS3 in sales

As long as software sales are garbage, I doubt many of these consoles are sold to Japanese gamers. Rather they are exported to China, which is something that's happening and wasn't that big during the PS3 days, due to China being a lot poorer back then.

Isn't it much more likely that Switch is being exported to China since it is cheaper?  Why would a console as popular as the Switch be shunned by the Chinese?

jvmkdg said:

Playstation sells a lot more digital media. Ghost of Tsushima sold more than 1 million units in Japan alone, only a small part was on physical media. Physical media sales don't matter for Playstation

That was a PS4 game and a year later on PS5, PS5 is the one with the terrible software sales. 

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
Qwark said:

Isn't it much more likely that Switch is being exported to China since it is cheaper?  Why would a console as popular as the Switch be shunned by the Chinese?

They both are, though to what extend ? This is a nebulous point in this whole affair. From the software charts alone, you'd think the proportion of Switch hardware being exported there isn't too big.

Earlier reports of PS5 exports pointed out that a large portion of it's sales at one point were allocated to exportation. Software sales charts seems to indicate so, yet no numbers have been given to know what proportions we are speaking here.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

jvmkdg said:

This is factually untrue, as the Insomniac leaks have shown us. Most Playstation games have a digital ratio of around 30-40%, far below the ratio needed to explain away the disastrously low physical software sales. 

Mar1217 said:
CosmicSex said:

They both are, though to what extend ? This is a nebulous point in this whole affair. From the software charts alone, you'd think the proportion of Switch hardware being exported there isn't too big.

Earlier reports of PS5 exports pointed out that a large portion of it's sales at one point were allocated to exportation. Software sales charts seems to indicate so, yet no numbers have been given to know what proportions we are speaking here.

This is false.  We don't have any real indication of software sales of the PS5 or Xbox in Japan because more than half are digital and those sales are not recorded by Famitsu.  Please stop tying to make it a fact when it isn't.  You are replacing the absence of information with your own facts. You don't know what percentage of Switch and PS5 are exported.  Switch exports could very well be higher and you wouldn't know just like I don't know. 

Those are some fantastic software sales.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Anyone have a comparison between Super Mario Bros Wonder and New Super Mario Bros Wii?

Curious how they compare over the holidays, even if Wonder has digital sales.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"