By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 1, 2024 (Jan 01 - Jan 07)

All eyes on the 3DS: can it hit 1000 units this year?

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network
Otter said:

Is spiderman being bundled? What's the sudden surge in sales?

Yes, it's being bundled. A similar thing happened with Gran Turismo 5 a few years back. However, anecdotal evidence suggests that people are not that interested in the game itself, given that a lot of the download codes seem to end up being resold on the second-hand market for cheap.

CosmicSex said:
archbrix said:

By November of 2020, Ghost had sold 412,868 physical units in Japan: famitsu

As of May of last year, Sony reported 1m total copies in the region.

So it's about 50/50 for digital/physical for Ghost in Japan.  Digital is growing, but physical copies do matter and are still indicative of sales performance to some degree.

To some degree for sure but to what degree is really uncertain.  In order to figure it out you would have to at least know the digital/physical ratio for Switch games.  With that information, you could take into account the 6:1 Switch/PS5 current ratio in Japan and then you could figure out if it makes sense to see PS5 titles in the top 30 physical chart.  That's the type of analysis you would have to do to make a real analytical assessment.  If anyone has the Nintendo split information I can do some calculations and determine if PS5 software is underperforming on the physical charts given a 50/50 split.  We don't need to speculate, we can do our own calculations with enough info.

It's a case-by-case situation, especially for Switch software; when TOTK launched, it was literally a 50/50 split between physical and digital due to the vouchers that Nintendo offered that saved people money digitally, but obviously, not all Switch software is going to follow that pattern.

My point though is not Sony vs Nintendo digitally, but that the low software sales in the Famitsu charts here do still matter, contrary to what some may want to believe.

Now it looks like Super Mario is in second place.

BiON!@ 

Around the Network
hellobion2 said:

Now it looks like Super Mario is in second place.

Can you stop spamming please? Posting like 20 short low substance posts at a time across numerous threads isn't helpful.

I predicted week 45-52 sales in November last year.

Switch

My prediction 2023- 985k

2023- 647k

PS4/PS5

My prediction 2023- 540k

2023- 402k

XBS

My prediction 2023- 29.5k

2023- 19.3k

All of predictions were way off and way too optimistic, even if we included a 9th week (week 53). I was closest with PS5 because as expected, the low stock situation before the release of the next version of the PS5 damaged sales more than helped.

Farsala said:

I predicted week 45-52 sales in November last year.

Switch

My prediction 2023- 985k

2023- 647k

PS4/PS5

My prediction 2023- 540k

2023- 402k

XBS

My prediction 2023- 29.5k

2023- 19.3k

All of predictions were way off and way too optimistic, even if we included a 9th week (week 53). I was closest with PS5 because as expected, the low stock situation before the release of the next version of the PS5 damaged sales more than helped.

It made a lot more sense back when the Switch and PS5 were selling super well earlier in the year. It's like the Zelda effect worked great until it didn't.

Playing Xenoblade 2 before I buy Xenoblade 3 (otherwise I couldn't wait to play 3).

Can they announce a new Fire Emblem? A remake of Genealogy or Tellius would suffice !