God of War 19 25.00%

Monster Hunter World 3 3.95%

Red Dead Redemption 2 9 11.84%

Spider-Man 5 6.58%

Octopath Traveler 4 5.26%

Super Smash Bros Ultimate 19 25.00%

Other (please specify) 12 15.79%

Total:76

Celeste and it's not even close. All the other games, while great, have flaws. Celeste is pure perfection. Period. No more discussion xD

Around the Network

Other - Return of the Obra Dinn

Another great year which I spend over half in VR.

2018 greats of PSVR

- Moss Book 1
- Wipeout Omega Collection
- The Inpatient
- Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin
- Tetris Effect
- Astrobot Rescue Mission
- Borderlands 2
- Deracine
- Arizona Sunshine
- Manifest 99

But also made time to play the excellent God of War reboot, Spider-man, Detroit become Human and the amazing Red Dead Redemption 2.
RDR2 inspired me to make time lapse movies and take up wild water canoeing.

However one game was perfect from start to finish. Perfectly adapted to the medium and the DS4 controller.

My face hurt from smiling too much while playing. So inventive, so well executed and 'sadly' so well adapted for the DS4 controller that a port to PSVR2 is very unlikely. (Since PSVR2 can't track the Dualsense) I loved it so much I bought it twice to have a physical copy.

Thus: Other, Astrobot Recue Mission!

Bluepoint's stunning Shadow of the Colossus remake. I bought a console for it, and it didn't disappoint.

Last edited by Machina - on 19 December 2023

Red Dead Redemption 2 for me. One of the most immersive games I've played. God of War is also amazing.

Around the Network
Machina said:

Bluepoint's stunning Shadow of the Colossus remake. I bought a console for it, and it didn't disappoint.

If SotC can count again for 2018 it will get my vote as well! The remake is absolutely stunning. Already voted for it in the 2005 poll though
https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/247792/2005-game-of-the-year/1/

And since I'm currently in Chapter 10 of RE4 (PSVR2), I can confidently say, while RE4 is amazing in itself, it doesn't touch SotC's greatness.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna-The Golden Country (Switch)

If you're counting this as a game in itself, then that's my vote.

Xenoblade 2 already offered a strong foundation with its enthralling world, sublime soundtrack, and emotional story, and Torna builds on this futher by refining the combat system, improving the visuals, and further fleshing out Alrest as a setting.

Spider-man. As a once Marvel fanboy, this just hit all the right spots.

Hmm, pie.

The Messenger. One of my favorite games this gen. The gameplay, music, graphics and humor of this game is just top notch.

Smash Ultimate!

1doesnotsimply