By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS5 Worldwide December predictions

How much PS5 will sell worldwide in December ?

10M+ 3 10.34%

8-10M 3 10.34%

7-8M 3 10.34%

6-7M 5 17.24%

5-6M 7 24.14%

4-5M 4 13.79%

Under 4M 4 13.79%

Total:29

Looking at some more figures and taking into account it's a five-week December I think I'm being a bit too conservative. Going to change my prediction to 5m.

Around the Network
Zippy6 said:

Looking at some more figures and taking into account it's a five-week December I think I'm being a bit too conservative. Going to change my prediction to 5m.

Yep, and I think I was way too optimistic with the 10M+ option, so just had to put 8M+ option as the biggest one, it should be enough, but now it doesn't let me change it ..

My sales comparison threads:

Ultimate Showdowns: JP 2023 / JP 2024 / 2024 / 2023 / 20222021

Lifetime Showdown / Historical Showdown / YOY Charts

Playstation will win Playstation is god

BiON!@ 

So the results are in.
PS5 sold 3.71M.
Lower than many expected ..

My sales comparison threads:

Ultimate Showdowns: JP 2023 / JP 2024 / 2024 / 2023 / 20222021

Lifetime Showdown / Historical Showdown / YOY Charts

XtremeBG said:

Somewhat surprising as most made their bet in Mid-December when it was clear Sony would not reduce prices and go full price. My guess is Sony bid farewell to their 25M forecast rather early and went "let's make money" instead.

Around the Network

Basically the very strong promotions in November and the complete lack of them in December skewed the holiday sales massively more towards November than normal. So everyone like myself looking at the usual boost in December for playstation compared to November massively overestimated it.

XtremeBG said:

So the results are in.
PS5 sold 3.71M.

Much much lower.  (my realistic take, was ~5m)

Feels like they could have done better, if they had better sales prices.
Most of december it didnt feel like there were any deals on PS5s.

Then look at how aggressive Xbox was, with 150$ series S, and a 349$ series X,....
Playstation didnt bother with deals, simply because they choose profits on hardware, over selling units to build up install base.
While Xbox, probably took on huge losses on unit sales, to try and build up install base this holiday season.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 21 January 2024