By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Game Awards: GOTY biggest snubs

Which game got the biggest snub for GOTY at TGA?

Cocoon 9 1.62%

Dead Space Remake 17 3.07%

Diablo IV 21 3.79%

Final Fantasy XVI 149 26.90%

Hi-Fi Rush 57 10.29%

Hogwarts Legacy 126 22.74%

Starfield 90 16.25%

Street Fighter VI 42 7.58%

The Talo Principle 2 12 2.17%

Other: state in thread 31 5.60%

Total:554

We could talk about the snubbing of Octopath Traveler II in the OST department but oh well, it's as usual. If you don't make waves or ain't popular enough, you get sidelined by the bigger productions.

Anywoo, Hi-Fi Rush is a game I wouldn't 've minded to see amongst the nominees. It clearly did a good impact during the first half of this year and was genuinely Xbox best game this year.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

Hi-Fi Rush for me. My favorite game this year. Although, Alan Wake 2 may take that spot once I finish it. Even though I enjoyed Hogwarts Legacy, I wouldn't give it a GOTY nominee. It's a shame it didn't get nominated for any category because it certainly deserved some love.

There is only 2 games that could potential swap resident evil or alan wake, its ff 16 or Hogwarts legacy.

I saw a certain fanbase attack super mario wonder because they favourite game was not in goty contention , its laughable.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

There is only 2 games that could potential swap resident evil or alan wake, its ff 16 or Hogwarts legacy.

I saw a certain fanbase attack super mario wonder because they favourite game was not in goty contention , its laughable.

Realistically GotY is between Tears and BG3.  Wonder, while good, isn't GotY material.

Probably a great deal of games have been snubbed. This reward show is more Farcical than most. Consider it was created by a TV channel called “Spike TV” and only counts the first 10 months of the year (at most) for consideration. A lot of 2023 games aren’t even out yet. I think the only reason they’re talked about is because so many people complain about them while simultaneously ignoring that there are at least 400 other video game awards on notable websites, magazines, and other organizations (like the AIAS).

Sorry for not having any specific games to list. I don’t follow this show, but saw one episode of it years ago and it was David Spade calling some teenagers playing Smash Bros “pathetic nerds” or something. Classy :)

Last edited by Jumpin - on 19 November 2023

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Starfield for sure.

shikamaru317 said:

Starfield for sure.

Which game would you replace for starfield?

TheLegendaryBigBoss said:
shikamaru317 said:

Starfield for sure.

Which game would you replace for starfield?

Resident Evil 4. Good game, but I don't think remakes deserve to get GOTY nominations, there should be a separate award category each year for best remake/remaster. 

Sea of Stars if the biggest snub that also got sunbed on this list. Of the games listed Street Fighter 6, Hi Fi Rush, and Final Fantasy were the only games I could see arguments for inclusion onto the game of the year conversation...Cocoon if you wanted include an indie.

Mario Wonder is absolutely GOTY material, it's one of the most creative games out there and its polished to a diamod sheen.
Pleasantly surprised to see it nominated not just for GOTY but also game direction and art direction; typically the VGAs snob platformers.