By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How many 2023 games have you played/purchased this year?

How many 2023 games have you played/purchased this year?

Zero 21 4.27%

1-2 118 23.98%

3-5 123 25.00%

6-8 64 13.01%

9-11 57 11.59%

12-14 34 6.91%

15-17 13 2.64%

18-20 10 2.03%

21-24 5 1.02%

25+ 47 9.55%

Total:492

I've bought Metroid Prime Remastered, Mortal Kombat 1, and Super Mario Wonder.

SMW is the only one I've played so far, and only a couple of levels. I've been working on my backlog of games and I'm trying to get through those (currently working on Horizon Forbidden West), but I keep adding more to the pile. Now that I've added the above three games I now have a dozen titles I need to play. Some of them having been collecting dust for many months if not a couple of years. It's just hard for me to get motivated these days to start a new game once I finish one. Modern games are often very long, which just feels imposing, and also there's so many things competing for my attention these days.

Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

Around the Network

Dead Space, RE4, Returnal (PC), Hogwarts Legacy, Zelda TOTK, FFXVI, SMBW, BG3, SF6. Nine so far, still mean to get Hi-Fi Rush and SMRPG Remake.

Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Fire Emblem Engage

Planning on
Advance Wars
Super Mario Wonder

I'm pretty sure only Tears of the Kingdom.

Will eventually get others when they are heavily discounted, no rush.

Hmm, thinking, just the 1. BG3. Bought a few games, mostly in sales but only bought 1 2023 game so far.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Let's seeee
Baldur's Gate 3
Pikmin 4
Lords of the Fallen
Metroid Prime Remastered
Phantom Liberty (DLC)

That's all I can think of. Nothing else has really looked interesting to me.

None.
For whatever reason there is no "0" option to select on the poll, despite it showing up under view results, weird.

Released and played this year:

- Metroid Prime: Remastered
- Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
- Blasphemous II
- Sea of Stars
- Octopath Traveler II

Purchased, but not played:

- Demon's Souls Remake
- Final Fantasy XVI
- Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart
- Baten Kaitos Remastered

Ok year for me I guess. The highlights were that sweet Mr. Gorgeous Metroid Prime shadowdrop, Blasphemous II being even better than the first one and Sea of Stars being a total surprise and one of my favourites games ever. So remasters and indies for me xD

I recently got a PS5 by total surprise, so I purchased some games. When I have time, I'll give them some love starting with Astro's, then Ratchet and so on so on ^^

NyanNyanNekoChan said:

None.
For whatever reason there is no "0" option to select on the poll, despite it showing up under view results, weird.

That’s strange. I’ll try to spell zero out to see if it allows for it that way

Poll of the Week

2024 Results
Jan | Feb | March | April | May | June | July | Aug | Sept | Oct | Nov

I think three would be a fairly good number. There The Outer Worlds, which I got from a Humble Monthly. I have yet to play the game. Then there's Starfield, which I got with the CPU I got alongside my new PC, and which I have actually played. But Starfield on a hiatus due to Cities: Skylines II, which is what I'm currently working on. Starfield was good filler content in anticipation of Cities: Skylines II, and I'm not all that sorry it's there maturing while I'm playing something I'm more interested in. There are several other 2023 games I'm interested in, but realistically, it's going to take time before I get to them.