Psychonauts 1 1.23%

Mario Kart DS 5 6.17%

Call of Duty 2 1 1.23%

Other (please specify) 12 14.81%

Total:81

Resi4

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Yeah, I feel like new content takes a really long time to release now even when assets are reused.  Imagine TOTK releasing in 2019 or 2020 instead of 2023, because it reuses a lot of assets from BOTW.  And why don't we even have Elden Ring DLC yet?  Instead I'm getting DLC for Mario Kart 8 which is almost 10 years old.

Indeed. I always think there is a mix of things why this isn't much of a thing anymore. We all know about costs and other stuff etc. Yet also game feels like it needs "Updating" when sometimes all we want is just the game but a different story. It's prehaps why we got 3 Uncharteds in a gen yet other Naughtydog games have since taken a long longer. They need to oneup themselves each time. Dunno, hard to pin down, it has been 18 years since.

Hmm, pie.

Easy choice Resident Evil 4 like I said before voting for another Capcom game next year also hope it's in the poll.

2005 was pretty cool, for sure.
SW Battlefront II, Chibi-Robo (its Japanese release year), AC: Wild World, and Mario Kart DS are probably the best titles. Lego Star Wars: The Video game is also fun, though it would be outdone by pretty much every future Lego Star Wars game. Mario Party 7, Mario Superstar Baseball, and Super Mario Strikers are also fun.
I'll go with Battlefront II, narrowly.

Last edited by Wman1996 - on 07 November 2023

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Damn, you guys make waiting for the VR patch for RE4 remake even harder! It already was my most anticipated next PSVR2 release and I bought RE4 remake right when it launched. It's still sitting on my shelf, waiting for the VR patch. After playing RE7 and RE8 in VR, it's the way I want my first experience with the game.

What I remember of RE4 at release was a lot of criticism of the game because it deviated from the established formula, basically creating a whole new game. Which happened again with RE7 going first person. Anyway silver lining is I didn't play them at release and got to play RE7, RE8 in VR first (and only). Next RE4!

Around the Network

From it's tense and thrilling action, to its creepy atmosphere, to its stunning graphics and sound, to its finely honed mechanics, it's a masterpiece through and through.

Other: Advance Wars: Dual Strike. I loved that campaign and terrific amount of other content with different modes. I got about 400 hours of enjoyment out of it that helped me through a tough time.

This is where gaming took a nosedive for me, accelerating from last year's downturn. At the start of the year, there was still the PC release of Knights of the Old Republic II at least. This was the version I played and like I already said it was pretty great. Then though, there wasn't much that enticed me enough to play. Like the previous year I wasn't motivated at this time to try anything new anymore because I had little faith left. I was interested in SoulCalibur III, but for some reason that was only on PS2 for example. Console gaming had disappointed me, things I was anticipating were cancelled and PC gaming began to spiral downwards as well. I stuck to franchises that were already familiar to me, if anything new in those even released, and mostly continued playing older games.

From the list, I played Mario Kart DS, Call of Duty 2 and from the 'others' list I only played Star Wars Battlefront II. I wouldn't play Mario Kart DS for a few more years however so I can't really count it for this year, but this game was a good improvement over the mediocre GBA entry with some good tracks and solid gameplay. Call of Duty 2 was great, almost as great as the original, and I probably would have felt it was, if it wasn't for the novelty of the original. Battlefront II was fun, a bit like the first game was and the space battles were interesting, but at the end of the day not really special.

During this year I continued to play on my cousin's XBox every once in a while, and this year Fifa Street came out for it which I played, but beyond that it's barely worth mentioning. This year was however also the year of Star Wars Republic Commando and that was a pleasant surprise. I loved the squad dynamic and it worked very well. The game ends on a cliffhanger, yet a second game never came.

So this year for me was basically Call of Duty 2 and three Star Wars games, one of which, easily the best one, was actually a 2004 game. One of the worst years. Because of its refinement of an already great shooter, I'll give my vote to Call of Duty 2.

Kingdom Hearts II - no competition.

SvennoJ said:

Damn, you guys make waiting for the VR patch for RE4 remake even harder! It already was my most anticipated next PSVR2 release and I bought RE4 remake right when it launched. It's still sitting on my shelf, waiting for the VR patch. After playing RE7 and RE8 in VR, it's the way I want my first experience with the game.

What I remember of RE4 at release was a lot of criticism of the game because it deviated from the established formula, basically creating a whole new game. Which happened again with RE7 going first person. Anyway silver lining is I didn't play them at release and got to play RE7, RE8 in VR first (and only). Next RE4!

You have never played RE4?