Resident Evil 4 29 35.80%

Psychonauts 1 1.23%

Mario Kart DS 5 6.17%

Call of Duty 2 1 1.23%

Other (please specify) 12 14.81%

Total:81
rapsuperstar31 said:
BraLoD said:

RE4 is such an amazing game, I can see it winning, yeah.

But gotta vote for Shadow of the Colossus, still into my all time top 5.

I've been meaning to play Shadow of Colossus for the last 18 years, but haven't gotten around to it.  I believe I have it through playstation +, maybe I'll finally play it one of these days.

The Remake you mean? It's a pretty good version to try it nowdays.

Around the Network

Since I’ve only played a few of these games I’ll make a list of the ones I most want to play instead 😌

Devil May Cry 3
FEAR
Star Wars: Republic Commando
The Movies
Haunting Ground
Black & White 2
Battlefield 2
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
The Minish Cap
Fahrenheit

Of the few I’ve played it’s RE4 though.

Damn. Not even for the shortlist, eh?

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory baybee! What still has to be the best 3rd-person stealth game of all time.

KH2 for me, followed closely by Resident Evil 4 and SW Battlefront 2.

Admitting looking at games released in each year just makes me try to look up what I played in those years. In 2004 I completely forgot about X-men Legends, an amazing game but that was 2004, yet in 2005, X-men Legends 2 came out. A year later. Like WTH. Can you imagine in modern day a game being made then them using the assets to make a game and release it barely a year after? Amazing. (Literally what I want from Spiderman, they have the city, create new adventures, even with different characters, like they created Hell's Kitchen... where's DareDevil?

Another confusing year. KH2 came out a full year after the Japanese release in the UK in 2006 but of the list, this was my favourite game of the year, a big stepup from the last.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Resident Evil 4 easily. Such a tremendous game, fantastic gameplay, pacing, loved Leon's one liners, Salazar's campiness, Ada is fucking cool, the merchant would buy this game at a high price! I love, love, love this game!

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 07 November 2023

Signature goes here!

Shadow the Hedgehog

1doesnotsimply

The Fury said:

Admitting looking at games released in each year just makes me try to look up what I played in those years. In 2004 I completely forgot about X-men Legends, an amazing game but that was 2004, yet in 2005, X-men Legends 2 came out. A year later. Like WTH. Can you imagine in modern day a game being made then them using the assets to make a game and release it barely a year after? Amazing. (Literally what I want from Spiderman, they have the city, create new adventures, even with different characters, like they created Hell's Kitchen... where's DareDevil?

Another confusing year. KH2 came out a full year after the Japanese release in the UK in 2006 but of the list, this was my favourite game of the year, a big stepup from the last.

Yeah, I feel like new content takes a really long time to release now even when assets are reused.  Imagine TOTK releasing in 2019 or 2020 instead of 2023, because it reuses a lot of assets from BOTW.  And why don't we even have Elden Ring DLC yet?  Instead I'm getting DLC for Mario Kart 8 which is almost 10 years old.

I'm going to go with Shadow of the Colossus. While the controls were iffy and my hands were sore after each battle (an issue resolved in the PS4 remaster), it was a beautiful game, and it was a challenge to figure out how to defeat each of the colossi. The way it told its story was great as well.

Now, I never played RE4, which is likely to take this one. The main reason is that I never liked tank controls. They were always bad, an unfortunate consequence of trying to develop controls for a 3D game on a system whose controller was basically a modified SNES gamepad. The controls are why I never bothered with the series again after RE2 until the recent remakes of RE2 & RE3 were released (and they were amazing).

I did play COD2 on the 360, and it was okay for its time, but nothing I'd consider worthy of being even in my Top 100 of all-time. Good enough for a 360 launch window that was short on really good games.

Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

Resident Evil 4 by a mile for me with Star Wars Battlefront 2 as a distant second.