By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Marijuana legality?

Should marijuana/weed/reefer be legal?

Yes, it should be complet... 46 75.41%

Yes, but only medically 5 8.20%

No, it's a gateway/harmful drug 10 16.39%

Total:61

Should marijuana be legal on any scale whatsoever?

I'd have to give a resounding YES! Little fun fact: marijuana has never killed anyone at any point in human history. Meawhile, tobacco kills 440,000 per year and alcohol 80,000 annually in the US alone yet I can buy those at the gas station just down the street while a far less harmful plant is (generally) illegal at least recreationally if not completely illegal in the US. On what planet does THAT make sense?

And not only that, it actually has medical use (contrary to what the DEA wants to tell you), tobacco does not. It's far less addictive, too. If you want to say weed should be illegal because it's unhealthy, you might as well say we should have police raid 7-11s and fast food joints, test and arrest people for high blood sugar levels and rid grocery stores of ALL bacon because I've got news for you: those are all a bigger public safety hazard than reefer. Oh yes, it's true. Yet you would rightfully be called insane if you or anyone else actually advocated for it.

It might not be "good" for you, but to ruin people's lives with an arrest record over something benign and has never killed anyone is quite frankly absurd, especially when far more harmful shit is legal.

Last edited by KManX89 - on 25 October 2023

Around the Network

It's legal in Canada

Yes it should

Proud to be a Californian.

Yes. I see no reason why it shouldnt be.

One of my favorite scenes of any movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW9AHQXh_RM

Around the Network

Absolutely.

The government delivers up to 30 grams at my door, free delivery, just need to present a valid ID (https://ocs.ca/)

It's multi purpose and fun. My wife uses the bottled oil extracts for blood pressure, chronic headache relief and sleep. It also stops night sweats. I bake cookies from bulk flower which help me sleep, and prevent me from playing games all night lol.

It's not harmful in any way, nor addictive in the sense that games like TotK are far more addictive. (I actually get cravings when not being able to play a game when I'm really into one). I've always had trouble sleeping and started using regularly in the 90s, just a little in the evening, watch star trek and actually sleep at a decent hour instead of regularly tossing until 6AM and having to live on 1 hour of sleep a night.

Then I moved to Canada in 2002 and basically went cold turkey. Apart from having trouble sleeping again, no other problems. Since 2018 I'm using regularly again and feel much better rested nowadays. Gone are the days that I could fall asleep while cycling and end up in a ditch due to lack of sleep. An it's fun as well before the sleepiness sets in, gonna play some more Spider-man 2 tonight and marvel at the colors and ray traced reflections :) RE8 on PSVR2 while getting high was amazing.

Also a couple times a year when I have time I take a few drops, put on my running shoes and go for a run to/in the forest along the river. It's not far from my house and once it sets in in nature it's like the world opens up, everything becomes more present, pulling you into the present, out of your head. Spring and fall are the best times for that.

It also heightens your libido, the possibilities are endless. However it's all in the dosage, too much and you'll be sinking into the couch not wanting to move, plus feeling rather groggy in the morning. Not as bad as a hangover but better not drive a car while still feeling very drowsy.
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/health/campaigns/cannabis/impairment.html
It can take up to 24h to completely clear out of your system, however once you know the after effects you can gauge when you're good to go again. Driving on lack of sleep is still far more dangerous than a bit of left over drowsiness from using the night before.
(And if you think you're actually more alert or a better driver while high, just go play Forza 8 or GT7 and see how well that goes while high :p)

Yes, it should.

I never even understood why it was illegal when tobaco is legal

I mean if you're a Muslim country where alcohol is also illegal then sure

Otherwise I don't see the point

Yes. Legalise, regulate, tax. I'd do the same for most other drugs, and prostitution.