By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Marijuana legality?

Should marijuana/weed/reefer be legal?

Yes, it should be complet... 46 75.41%

Yes, but only medically 5 8.20%

No, it's a gateway/harmful drug 10 16.39%

Total:61

Probably. But we need to stop pretending that it's harmless. Getting baked everyday is not a good thing and should not be encouraged.

Around the Network

Who cares.

BiON!@ 

Even when your paycheck is a long way off, you still need to pay your bills on schedule. Be at ease! One common way to borrow money is through short term loans UK. All you need to do is fill out the online form and give the lender your information for verification.

Last edited by twintail - on 04 January 2024

LOL at the lack of scientific education. THC isn't poisonous, and Nicotine is poisonous (but not at the levels you get from a cigarette). So yeah, it hasn't killed anyone.

It's the other chemicals released by burning organic materials that cause cancer.  That's why vape pens are thought to be less dangerous than smoking.

My main reason by saying who cares. Is that if people want marijuana they will get it no matter what.

BiON!@ 

Around the Network
Vinther1991 said:

I probably have a slightly uncommon opinion on this. I think it would make sense for a lot of countries to decriminalize marijuana.
The scam of medical marijuana should be exposed though, and it should not be allowed to market marijuana as medicin or prescribe it as such. The medical use is severely overrated. If someone came up with a pill that had identical effects to marijuana, never in a million years would it get approval by any drug agency. Too many drugs outperform marijuana and with far less side effects. The idea that something is natural should not lead to an easier path through the drug approval system.

The drug should remain illegal, due to effects such as psychosis and anxiety, as well as deaths indirectly caused by the drug (car accidents, suicides etc). But I support either a decriminalizion or reduction in punishment to a small fee for the user. A legalization can also make sense in the case of a national emergency, to remove the market for drug cartels.

Oh yes, a drug that doctors prescribe to people for treating all kinds of conditions and this doctor uses to cure her daughter’s rare condition (which anti-psychotics haven’t worked at all) totes doesn’t have any real medicinal value:

God bless that man. 

Oh, and if they really cared about curbing drug-related car accidents, they’d ban alcohol because I’ve got news for you: it causes way more accidents than weed. It’s not even close. And it only causes psychosis if you already have a predisposition to it before using it which newsflash: so can alcohol, AIPD is actually a real thing, and it actually kills people directly and causes liver failure and heart disease and contributes to domestic violence while marijuana does none of those things (guess what doctors say is worse for you) and that’s totally legal.

Last edited by KManX89 - on 17 January 2024

hellobion2 said:

Who cares.

The millions of people in jail for a plant that’s never killed anyone probably care.

Last edited by KManX89 - on 17 January 2024

^Oh, and the good news about stoned-driving concerns is there’s literally an actual cannabis breathalyzer on the market now. They just wrapped up production and testing on them months ago and started sending them out.

So there’s now zero reason for it to be illegal, anymore (was there ever?). Guess where funding for anti-marijuana legalization ads came from in Massachusetts BTW? Oh man, is that ever a case of pot-kettle-black (no pun intended). Again, if they really cared about curbing drugged-driving, they’d ban their own product. Luckily it failed.

Last edited by KManX89 - on 18 January 2024

It should be legal, but don't kid yourself that there aren't negative consequences.

KManX89 said:
Vinther1991 said:

I probably have a slightly uncommon opinion on this. I think it would make sense for a lot of countries to decriminalize marijuana.
The scam of medical marijuana should be exposed though, and it should not be allowed to market marijuana as medicin or prescribe it as such. The medical use is severely overrated. If someone came up with a pill that had identical effects to marijuana, never in a million years would it get approval by any drug agency. Too many drugs outperform marijuana and with far less side effects. The idea that something is natural should not lead to an easier path through the drug approval system.

The drug should remain illegal, due to effects such as psychosis and anxiety, as well as deaths indirectly caused by the drug (car accidents, suicides etc). But I support either a decriminalizion or reduction in punishment to a small fee for the user. A legalization can also make sense in the case of a national emergency, to remove the market for drug cartels.

Oh yes, a drug that doctors prescribe to people for treating all kinds of conditions and this doctor uses to cure her daughter’s rare condition (which anti-psychotics haven’t worked at all) totes doesn’t have any real medicinal value:

God bless that man. 

Oh, and if they really cared about curbing drug-related car accidents, they’d ban alcohol because I’ve got news for you: it causes way more accidents than weed. It’s not even close. And it only causes psychosis if you already have a predisposition to it before using it which newsflash: so can alcohol, AIPD is actually a real thing, and it actually kills people directly and causes liver failure and heart disease and contributes to domestic violence while marijuana does none of those things (guess what doctors say is worse for you) and that’s totally legal.

Back when I was a teenager, I was stupidly in a car where the driver was under the influence of cannabis... we were such idiots, because we could have fucking walked to our destination faster than the 3kmph he was driving!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.