By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Clash of the October 20th titans: Which will sell more, Mario Wonder or Spiderman 2?

Which will sell more?

Super Mario Bros Wonder 125 84.46%

Spiderman 2 23 15.54%

Total:148
curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

according to vgchartz article its the fastest selling 2d mario game in Europe.

In the UK it's the fastest selling 2D Mario, but behind Mario Odyssey and 3D All Stars.

In Europe as a whole, according to Nintendo, it's the fastest selling selling Super Mario game overall.

I see, thanks.

Around the Network

Overall sales
Spider-man 2 - 2.5m in 24 hours
Mario Wonder - ??

Physical sales - 3 days

UK 
Spider-man 2 - 108k
Mario Wonder - 80k

France
Spider-man 2 - 120k
Mario Wonder - 170k

Spain
Spider-man 2 - 60k
Mario Wonder - 62k

Germany
Spider-man - ??
Mario Wonder - Third best selling of the year after Zelda TOTK and EA FC 24

Japan
Spider-man - 77k
Mario Wonder - 638k

Japan is why I don't see spider 2 selling more than wonder. Both games are stellar. I'm 40% done with spider 2 and finished wonder last night. Both are worth the money.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Admittedly, both seems to have score quite equally in some territories, some are a bit ahead for Spiderman, then comes Japan which completely trounces it.

2nd week in physical seems to advantage Mario Wonder heavily, from the early info we've got.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

My prediction for 2023

Mario Wonder - 16 million units
Spider-man 2 - 10 million units

Around the Network

Mario wonder 4.2 million in 2 weeks. Where are all the haters at and I need my opology.

4.3 Million in 2 weeks seems a bit low for Mario Wonder, considering what it is. But Ok.

zeldaring said:

Mario wonder 4.2 million in 2 weeks. Where are all the haters at and I need my opology.

The race is far from over. The comparison was for lifetime sales, not biggest opening.

Considering Mario is now dominating the physical software charts over Spiderman in the moment and that it will have a big presence this Holiday, the race between Spidey 2 and Mario Wonder has truly just started.

No one can call any kind of early victory in this case

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:

Considering Mario is now dominating the physical software charts over Spiderman in the moment and that it will have a big presence this Holiday, the race between Spidey 2 and Mario Wonder has truly just started.

No one can call any kind of early victory in this case

My prediction was it would be close and spiderman 2 would  win. Ps5 will out sell switch this holiday by huge margin and spider man 2 will be bundled probably. I'll call it now Mario wonder ain't doing more then 22 million and switch being at the end of its life cycle 22 million tops