By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct set for September 14 at 7:00 a.m. PT / 10:00 a.m. ET

PAOerfulone said:

Whole lotta Mario in the Switch’s final year.

Gotta try to capitalize on the movie I suppose.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

Huuuh ...

You know, I won't grade it as usual but, I actually preferred this one over the first Direct of 2023.
It just had more titles to grab my attention over and I know some peeps are gonna act all reactionary like but I think factually, the 2024 H1 line up is more packed than 2023 which had FE Engage and Zelda TOTK basically.

My main positive :

- Another Code Recollection, pretty sweet moment since I heard some folks speak of it as a hidden Wii gem. Could grab a new audience hopefully. I'm in personally.

- New SaGa game !!

- Elyuden Chronicles, remember when they said running the game on Switch would be really tough ? Welp, seems like they pulled it off

- The new Vanillaware game looks like a Fire Emblem on steroids lol

- Princess Peach Showtime ! Easily the biggest moment of the Direct. The Adventure/Puzzle/Action variety kind of gameplay seems to suit the setting well. I'm gonna say early on that this game will prolly sell more than 5M copies !

- The Paper Mario Thousand Year Door remake/remaster looks real shiny and cool for the OG fans who couldn't stop shouting about it on everyone's roof xD

- The final MK8DX booster pack wave has 4 characters in it, including my boi Diddy Kong !!

Surprisingly... no Kirby here 😔

I wanted Dixie Kong with him. Instead we got Peachette, a character people probably don't even care about anymore.

Really enjoyed the show.

Watched it while I was at work when it was slow.

Super Mario RPG trailer peaked my interest more.

Paper Mario TTYD getting a remake/remaster is great news.

Mario VS DK was cool

Excited for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Wave 6 DLC

Excited for Luigi's Mansion 2 HD

Princess Peach Showtime looks great

Tomb Raider 1-2-3 remaster collection is great news, dropped the PC ports cause of the controls and awful bare bones port job it was (since it was the original 1990s release)

Saga Emerald Beyond was a nice surprise

Another Code was okay - I'll add it to my wishlist

Spy X Family game was a great reveal too.

And Vanillaware's Unicorn Overlord was a great reveal , sadly no PC release but I'll likely be getting it on Playstation first.

I'm surprised so many here liked the Princess Peach trailer. I was intrigued when they first teased the game, but this trailer turned me off.

I like it when my mom goes out of town because I get to sleep on her side of the bed. -William Montgomery

CaptainExplosion said:
Mar1217 said:

Huuuh ...

You know, I won't grade it as usual but, I actually preferred this one over the first Direct of 2023.
It just had more titles to grab my attention over and I know some peeps are gonna act all reactionary like but I think factually, the 2024 H1 line up is more packed than 2023 which had FE Engage and Zelda TOTK basically.

My main positive :

- Another Code Recollection, pretty sweet moment since I heard some folks speak of it as a hidden Wii gem. Could grab a new audience hopefully. I'm in personally.

- New SaGa game !!

- Elyuden Chronicles, remember when they said running the game on Switch would be really tough ? Welp, seems like they pulled it off

- The new Vanillaware game looks like a Fire Emblem on steroids lol

- Princess Peach Showtime ! Easily the biggest moment of the Direct. The Adventure/Puzzle/Action variety kind of gameplay seems to suit the setting well. I'm gonna say early on that this game will prolly sell more than 5M copies !

- The Paper Mario Thousand Year Door remake/remaster looks real shiny and cool for the OG fans who couldn't stop shouting about it on everyone's roof xD

- The final MK8DX booster pack wave has 4 characters in it, including my boi Diddy Kong !!

Surprisingly... no Kirby here 😔

I wanted Dixie Kong with him. Instead we got Peachette, a character people probably don't even care about anymore.

That's because they care only about Bowsette 😏

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

Me too...I wanted Dixie but instead we got another peach clone.

Like as if Peach, Cat Peach and Gold Pink Peach wasnt enough lol.

Right after watching I thought it was pretty terrible, but after sleeping on it, I'm warmed a little.

Ending on a remaster was a downer and a lot of it was low quality filler, but I am interested in Princess Peach Showtime, Splatoon 3 Side Order, and Prince of Persia The Lost Crown. Not entirely sold on any of them yet, but I will keep an eye on them.

It was very much an end-of-life show where it's clear Nintendo has moved on to the next system and is relying on smaller titles to hold down the fort, but compared to the barren final stretches of Wii and Wii U, it's a veritable smorgasbord.

Mar1217 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

That's because they care only about Bowsette 😏

Exactly.

curl-6 said:

Right after watching I thought it was pretty terrible, but after sleeping on it, I'm warmed a little.

Ending on a remaster was a downer and a lot of it was low quality filler, but I am interested in Princess Peach Showtime, Splatoon 3 Side Order, and Prince of Persia The Lost Crown. Not entirely sold on any of them yet, but I will keep an eye on them.

It was very much an end-of-life show where it's clear Nintendo has moved on to the next system and is relying on smaller titles to hold down the fort, but compared to the barren final stretches of Wii and Wii U, it's a veritable smorgasbord.

Exactly.  Nintendo has for over 20 years left its outgoing system with almost no support the year before its next system releases.  N64 had very little in 2001 as development shifted to Gamecube, and the Gamecube in 2006 as development shifted to Wii.  Though compared to the support the handhelds have gotten this might be weaker.  The GBA and DS still got plenty of support even after their successors were released (Pokemon Black/White 2 comes to mind).

h2ohno said:
curl-6 said:

Exactly.  Nintendo has for over 20 years left its outgoing system with almost no support the year before its next system releases.  N64 had very little in 2001 as development shifted to Gamecube, and the Gamecube in 2006 as development shifted to Wii.  Though compared to the support the handhelds have gotten this might be weaker.  The GBA and DS still got plenty of support even after their successors were released (Pokemon Black/White 2 comes to mind).

I would not be at all surprised if the Switch continues to get games for quite some time after the release of its replacement; (much like their handhelds) it  will have an install base of close to 150 million by then, Nintendo is not gonna wanna let go of that sooner than they have to.

We'll probably see smaller titles hit the system through 2025 and even 2026.