By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Jez Corden: (Rumor) Nintendo Showed Switch 2 At Gamescom

Soundwave said:
Chrkeller said:

Rumor has it WWHD and TPHD is definitely coming a year ago.

Yeah because it totally makes sense to release those right around Tears of the Kingdom. 

So is it coming now?!!?  

Most rumors simply don't pan out.

Unless I missed the switch pro launch that has been definitely happening for 2 years now.

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
Soundwave said:

Yeah because it totally makes sense to release those right around Tears of the Kingdom. 

So is it coming now?!!?  

Most rumors simply don't pan out.

Unless I missed the switch pro launch that has been definitely happening for 2 years now.

WWHD and TP Switch will almost certainly happen, wouldn't really even surprise me if they're sitting there completed, but they were never going to release those near Tears of the Kingdom. 

Chrkeller said:

You should never rule it out that Nintendo invents a time machine. They may do just that.

This new Switch may be the Switch Pro that was a sure thing to come. Rumor has it that Soundwave called it Switch 2 on his own.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Nintendo should just release its QOL wearable: the Swatch :)

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I'd rather wait to hear from Nintendo themselves about their next console.

Around the Network

Twist: Nintendo invited a gaggle of developers and journalists who were known or suspected leakers to a trolling event where they revealed a false prototype of the Switch 2 (called Nintendo Focus), made them sign NDAs that Nintendo knew they would break, just to watch them lose credibility as they leak false information. Sure, it's a bit nutty, but it would certainly make me laugh.

If you're in the industry and are privileged enough to receive advance knowledge of Nintendo's products, for f's sake, just shut up and be thankful. The level of entitlement of some people is beyond me. Now if you've got some scoop about terrible developer or manufacturing practices and you have "a scoop," by all means report that. That is journalism; the rest is you being a back stabbing opportunist.

RolStoppable said:
Chrkeller said:

You should never rule it out that Nintendo invents a time machine. They may do just that.

This new Switch may be the Switch Pro that was a sure thing to come. Rumor has it that Soundwave called it Switch 2 on his own.

Imagine being a Nintendo "fan" that's bitter about being able to play Nintendo games on hardware that's a generation ahead soon, lol. 

Last edited by Soundwave - on 30 August 2023

Always take rumors w/ the standard grain of salt.

With that said, I've been expecting summer/early fall 2024 as the Switch 2 launch timeline for a while now. September or October specifically.