By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you want to see from next gen Nintendo games?

Slownenberg said:
160rmf said:

Smash Bros the only thing I can think is keep Ultimate but make a Deluxe edition with a proper story mode. I won't forgive them if they cut some characters, even the fire Emblem ones (as long if they don't add 5 more slots for the franchise)

They aren't gonna outdo Ultimate

Oh, there are improvements to be made. *shoves Bayonetta, Kazuya, Terry, Sora and Steve into an outhouse and blows it up* Certainly a story mode more like Subspace Emissary is in order, better online connectivity, more brand new stages, certain characters cut but some cut characters replaced with better ones.

And how about a new 3D Donkey Kong platformer that plays like Donkey Kong 64, but without going nuts on collectibles, better fast travel, and being able to switch characters anywhere you want.

Around the Network

I'd like to see their software continue the ambitious streak we saw on Switch, rather than revert to the more conservative approach we often saw on Wii U.
Make their main games big and epic rather than small scale and safe.
For the love of god give us the next Mario Kart, I've been played 8 for nearly a decade lmao

I'd also really like to see Monolith Soft try their hand at something other than Xenoblade; I love those games, but after 4 of them back to back, I craving something new.

An idea that would probably be less popular, but I'd like to see the return of glasses-free 3D, if for no other reason than to get proper HD ports of many 3DS games. Having the option to play Kid Icarus Uprising, Resident Evil Revelations, Mario 3D Land, Samus Returns, and more on a 720P 6-7 inch screen but in 3D as intended would be amazing, and I'd rather not have to choose between 3D and HD with these games when I still love playing them in 3D on the 3DS.  Maybe through a special accessory so the console by itself doesn't become too expensive.

Not Nintendos strong side but I wish to see more story driven games. Nintendo bought the IPs for Hotel Dusk and Another Code when Cing went bankrupt. Would love for them to do something with that. Or better even a new story heavy Eternal Darkness game.

Would love a new 2D Zelda or a new linear 3D Zelda, but I feel like that is not happening anytime soon again.

Otherwise it is mostly more stuff of what they already do and return of older forgotten or mishandled series.

If the next system comes with some new way to play games I wish for new games that take that concept from gimmick to greatness. What games it could be depends heavily on what the system can do.

h2ohno said:

An idea that would probably be less popular, but I'd like to see the return of glasses-free 3D, if for no other reason than to get proper HD ports of many 3DS games. Having the option to play Kid Icarus Uprising, Resident Evil Revelations, Mario 3D Land, Samus Returns, and more on a 720P 6-7 inch screen but in 3D as intended would be amazing, and I'd rather not have to choose between 3D and HD with these games when I still love playing them in 3D on the 3DS.  Maybe through a special accessory so the console by itself doesn't become too expensive.

I think the problem with 3DS ports is the dual screen, not 3D. 3D was just a screen effect and has nothing to do with the games themselves.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

I'd like to see their software continue the ambitious streak we saw on Switch, rather than revert to the more conservative approach we often saw on Wii U.
Make their main games big and epic rather than small scale and safe.
For the love of god give us the next Mario Kart, I've been played 8 for nearly a decade lmao

I'd also really like to see Monolith Soft try their hand at something other than Xenoblade; I love those games, but after 4 of them back to back, I craving something new.

^This! Maybe see how they can handle Metroid or Earthbound. And Nintendo should finally revive Diddy Kong Racing.

Pajderman said:

Not Nintendos strong side but I wish to see more story driven games. Nintendo bought the IPs for Hotel Dusk and Another Code when Cing went bankrupt.

They did? Did they acquire the code as well? Then they could at least remake the games, especially Another Code R, which is among the most beautiful Wii games.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Pajderman said:

Not Nintendos strong side but I wish to see more story driven games. Nintendo bought the IPs for Hotel Dusk and Another Code when Cing went bankrupt.

They did? Did they acquire the code as well? Then they could at least remake the games, especially Another Code R, which is among the most beautiful Wii games.

Makes me wish they bought the 90s Rare IPs, then we wouldn't have had to suffer through Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts or Kinect Sports. -_-

I still wish we got a new Punch-Out game where you could play as the other boxers too. That way multiplayer won't just be Little Mac fighting himself.

I'd love to see an all new 2D Zelda as well.
It'd be a good way to keep players going before the next big 3D entry which is likely a very long way off, given that TOTK took 6 years to come out even though it was able to reuse a lot of its assets and systems from BOTW.
It could be handled by a different team within EPD, or even by an outside studio like Grezzo.

Also, give us Astral Chain 2, the first one rocked.

curl-6 said:

I'd love to see an all new 2D Zelda as well.
It'd be a good way to keep players going before the next big 3D entry which is likely a very long way off, given that TOTK took 6 years to come out even though it was able to reuse a lot of its assets and systems from BOTW.
It could be handled by a different team within EPD, or even by an outside studio like Grezzo.

Also, give us Astral Chain 2, the first one rocked.

Yeah with how long TotK took, it's hard to imagine the next 3D Zelda coming out at anything over than the tail end of next gen, considering they won't have the dev & art re-use advantages that TotK had. Honestly they better have a large team already working on the next Zelda.

They should DEFINITELY make a 2D Zelda next gen. I really thought we'd get one this gen and I'm pretty disappointed that seems to not be the case. Next gen putting out a new 2D Zelda, plus porting over WW and TP in the first few years of next gen will help fill the many years its gonna be until the next 3D Zelda game.