By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Godzilla Minus One Teaser

curl-6 said:

Shin is definitely worth checking out; it serves as something of a commentary on the Fukushima disaster and offers a unique take on Godzilla himself. Did you watch/enjoy the Legendary entries?

And yeah that was one of my favourite scenes as well, in addition to the naval battle and the finale.

Yeah, I watched the Legendary films. I thought the first one was pretty decent overall, then King of the Monsters was pretty crap but I liked it cause the monsters were so cool and oozed personality. Then GVK is uhh, eh, whatever. And the next one looks terrible.

Those scenes are amazing too! That part when they're being chased by Godzilla on the water was really tense.

Around the Network

Another movie thinks it cool to put in excessive use of stupid annoying screen shake gimmick!
Wish Movies have option to turn off that bullshit like in videogames...

Man, i love Godzilla movies.

Just saw this. While I feel a bit iffy on how it ended it was overall really good and it's for sure among the best Godzilla films I've seen. While I could tell that the effects didn't have a huge Hollywood level budget behind them they were still really nice for the most part and were close enough in quality to the effects in those huge blockbuster films that perhaps less films should have a budget so absurdly huge they need to earn quadruple what this film will earn to even break even.

I also really enjoyed GVK and with that getting a sequel soon Godzilla fans who enjoy both the serious and silly takes on him are eating extremely good right now.

In a surprise twist, Godzilla Minus One has won the Oscar for best visual effects!

This is the Big Guy's first Academy Award, and especially cool to see after decades of being stereotyped as having "bad" effects.

The fact that the film had like 5% the budget of its competitors makes its win all the more gratifying. Turns out you don't need to spend hundreds of millions of dollars to look good, you just need a talented and dedicated team.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 12 March 2024

Around the Network

Wow this is like Star Wars Episode 3 winning an oscar. Its great to see a good film actually when an oscar for once.

BiON!@ 

For those who have it or were waiting for streaming, Godzilla Minus One is out now on Netflix.

Still no word on an English language physical release; personally I am waiting for Blu Ray to see it in the best quality and to own it.

curl-6 said:

For those who have it or were waiting for streaming, Godzilla Minus One is out now on Netflix.

Still no word on an English language physical release; personally I am waiting for Blu Ray to see it in the best quality and to own it.

Thank you. I was not expecting how good this would be when I read your comment. 

Last edited by LegitHyperbole - on 04 June 2024

This film isn't just the best Godzilla or disaster film, this is one of the best films of all time. It's absolutely flawless is most departments and still stellar in the places it lacks. I was not expecting anything even close to the film that this is, my expectations were indeed not high or anything but my mind is blown at how they managed to make a disaster film into an Oscar worthy treat. What a film. What a damn masterpiece of entertainment.

Also, the HDR is the best I've seen aside from demos on Youtube and video games. Well, maybe Gairdians of The Galaxy 3 has an edge colour but that was way over the top. 

Last edited by LegitHyperbole - on 04 June 2024

Must be a me thing but I was incredibly disappointed in this movie. The over-acting, visuals, plot...didn't click for me.

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo