By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict Pikmin 4 Switch numbers

How many units will Pikmin 4 sell (Switch only)

Under 1 million 3 5.88%

1-1.5 million 1 1.96%

1.5-2 million 1 1.96%

2-2.5 million 7 13.73%

2.5-3 million 7 13.73%

3-3.5 million 8 15.69%

3.5-4 million 7 13.73%

4-4.5 million 2 3.92%

4.5-5 million 0 0%

Over 5 million 15 29.41%

Total:51

Voted 4-4.5m. Like a few have said here, most Nintendo IPs have seen their highest sales ever on the Switch. I don't see Pikmin being an exception. Trying to scale it up in line with similar selling series' titles on Switch gets me to this figure.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

3 million or so, I don’t see the series exploding in popularity but I think it will be the best selling entry.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

It will definitely be the best selling game in the series, since we have almost 130 million Swithes on the loose.

I feel like Pikmin is pretty similar to Kirby. The characters are fairly popular due to how cute they are but not many play their games. For example Kirby is really popular amongst female audience that aren't gamers in japan and that's because japan loves cute mascot. Kirby averaged 1-2 million until the Switch. Pikmin is less popular, but it will do at least 3 million lifetime and score 90ish metacritic.

Signalstar said:
Cobretti2 said:

I have never played a Pikmin game, can't see the attraction, but as a collector I have no choice but too buy it lol.

I say 3-5 million

What kind of collector are you?

Do you just buy every game? Every Nintendo game?

I'm curious.

Well most games on a system that are physical and complete. Unforutnely with Switch though I haven't done that because busy with a toddler so hard to keep track of what's come out that is half decent. I have missed some sales too of the crappier games as didn't know they were on sale.

Also my wife let my son play with some of the boxes and he has damaged them so now I need to find new copies which is hard to do for less popular games that had a small release.

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
znake said:

+5 million I fear

Ok, I’ll bite. 

why do you “fear?”

I'm not the one you asked, but I also "fear" this.

Tried the first Pikmin way back. I could not stand it. For some reason the music of the game made my want to rip my ears off. After half an hour I set the TV to mute, in order to try and play some more. But what was left did not engage me. I don't get it. Just got annoyed trying to control the little guys. And the environments trying some photo-realistic look and at the same time populated with colorful cartoony looking creatures strained my eyes. Considered playing in black and white but at that point I just turned it off. 

Simply put. Pikmin is the absolute worst game I felt I gave I decent chance. 

The fear of success for this game from my perspective only comes from a selfish view that the talents spending years on the games (particularly the living legend Miyamoto) could have spent that time producing something I might enjoy. With good sales they will keep spending that time on additional entries.

That said. I hope fans of the franchises enjoy Pikmin 4 to the fullest and my personal preference aside, innovative and unique experiences are good for the industry, so I hope it thrives. I just wont touch it.    

2.5 million opening quarter, 3.5 million for the FY and 4.5 million lifetime.

Pajderman said:
super_etecoon said:

Ok, I’ll bite. 

why do you “fear?”

Tried the first Pikmin way back. I could not stand it. For some reason the music of the game made my want to rip my ears off. After half an hour I set the TV to mute, in order to try and play some more. But what was left did not engage me. I don't get it. Just got annoyed trying to control the little guys. And the environments trying some photo-realistic look and at the same time populated with colorful cartoony looking creatures strained my eyes. Considered playing in black and white but at that point I just turned it off. 

The fear of success for this game from my perspective only comes from a selfish view that the talents spending years on the games (particularly the living legend Miyamoto) could have spent that time producing something I might enjoy. With good sales they will keep spending that time on additional entries.

That said. I hope fans of the franchises enjoy Pikmin 4 to the fullest and my personal preference aside, innovative and unique experiences are good for the industry, so I hope it thrives. I just wont touch it.    

Haha! I wasn't aware there were people who had such a visceral response to the original Pikmin.  I remember being so shocked and blown away by the concept and the game definitely was one of the driving factors that brought me back to Nintendo after I had become a lapsed fan during the N64 era.  It just goes to show that Nintendo fans are definitely not monolithic and thankfully there is a lot of money being made on Nintendo games these days and we're all eating well, regardless of the successes of properties we may not enjoy.

Pajderman said:
super_etecoon said:

Ok, I’ll bite. 

why do you “fear?”

Miyamoto don't develop games for a decade now. Wii Fit was his last I think. He now works almost entirely as producer, which is a glorified title for a senior product manager. I don't even think he's on the team of Pikmin 4

Pajderman said:
super_etecoon said:

Ok, I’ll bite. 

why do you “fear?”

We really going to pretend this isn't one of the greatest video game tracks ever? You know that shit go hard as fuck once they bust them bongo drums out.