By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Bros Wonder announced; all new 2D Mario (Update: Out now!)

Now, I can only dream of Nintendo making SMBW themed "dpad-only" joycons. It would be wonderful.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

I very much doubt they'd include this as a new powerup, and especially draw attention to it as a "one last thing" at the end of the trailer, if it was just a reskinned giant mushroom. There will be more to it.

Like a stronger ground pound, or the ability to lift up things too heavy for regular Mario.

Maybe he sprays water from his trunk.

KLXVER said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Like a stronger ground pound, or the ability to lift up things too heavy for regular Mario.

Maybe, but they won't wanna cram too much into one power up.

I get more of a smb3 and smw combined vibe from this.

CaptainExplosion said:
KLXVER said:

Maybe, but they won't wanna cram too much into one power up.

Idk but I have a feeling that the levels will be a lot bigger in content than our regular 2d Mario, a lot of side missions in the same level to get special items (the wonder seed included). I am thinking in something like Odyssey kind of missions but in 2d, if that make any sense (something less straight forward/platform action and more puzzle solving oriented).

So maybe a lot of abilities in one power up wouldn't be a stretch 

Last edited by 160rmf - on 30 June 2023

We reap what we sow

Around the Network

When the edible kicks in

Last edited by curl-6 - on 19 October 2023

Just got my copy home and played through the first few levels!

So far it's terrific; controls feel great and are tighter and snappier than the NSMB games, load times are almost cartridge-fast, the visuals really pop, and the Wonder effects are creative and fun.

Anyone else picked it up yet?

I'm not in the "good" time zone to pick it up early + work + my afterwork sport ...

Mama mia !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I've played the first level. Don't have a lot of time for more today. It was strange to not be able to jump with the A button in a Mario game, but it otherwise made a great first impression and looks gorgeous on the OLED's screen.

Didnt get my pre-order I placed like three months ago. So annoying. Might just buy another copy. Really want to play it.