By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Bros Wonder announced; all new 2D Mario (Update: Out now!)

RolStoppable said:

I completed the game 100% this afternoon.

The good:
It's a REAL Mario game.

The bad:
Too few boss battles. I don't know why they dialed back so much on them. Seriously perplexing.
The final level feels like it was designed by Ubisoft's Rayman team. The majority is all about memorizing everything, so it doesn't feel satisfying when you finally beat it.

The ugly: Too much dialogue.

The dialogue wasn’t that bad for me. Most of the ones around the level I just ignore them. The other dialogue around the game world and cutscenes didn’t feel like much too.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
RolStoppable said:

The good:
It's a REAL Mario game.

The bad:
Too few boss battles. I don't know why they dialed back so much on them. Seriously perplexing.
The final level feels like it was designed by Ubisoft's Rayman team. The majority is all about memorizing everything, so it doesn't feel satisfying when you finally beat it.

The dialogue wasn’t that bad for me. Most of the ones around the level I just ignore them. The other dialogue around the game world and cutscenes didn’t feel like much too.

I liked having the dialogue, helps make the game feel more like an adventure and less like just a series of levels. It never felt overbearing

I am a fan of watching speedruns and this one seems to be annoying for speedrunning hopefully they find a way to skip the dialogue..

RolStoppable said:

I beat Bowser, now just need to wrap it all up by earning the medals on my save file. Medals are the same thing as the stars on the save file for the NSMB games. They'll have pretty much the same requirements, that can be safely assumed. One for beating the game, one for collecting all the 10-coins, one for finding all hidden exits, one for collecting all wonder seeds and so on.

Wow beat Bowser already?? I'm like four levels in haha.

How'd you like it?

Completed the first world and someone pinch me hard because this is truly WONDER-FUL !

All the wonder effects are so great in display. Loved how there's one that's quite cleverly hidden by bypassing usual Mario staple of platforming.

The badge system does give abilities that feel complimentary to your usual moves. My favorite so far is the kick wall jump. More easier to reach the upper hidden parts of any level.

Anywoo, the among of dialogue is unlike what we see in Mario platformer games, sure, but it's nothing overbearing.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

The good:
It's a REAL Mario game.

The bad:

Honestly the game is a great and im loving it. But this would be my main complaint about the whole game. I feel like im playing a Rayman game but a really really great one instead of a mario game for some reason..

**Edit**

I dont know if this is a complaint or a complement really as they have done it with such style in Nintendo own way.

Last edited by zero129 - on 21 October 2023

If y'all say this plays like a Rayman game, I need to play a Rayman game.

BasilZero said:

If y'all say this plays like a Rayman game, I need to play a Rayman game.

Go play Raymen Legends and the other new one if you didnt already. They are well worth it if you like platform games.

But this game is still better .

This game is just such a breath of fresh air after 16 years of the samey NSMB era.
It feels like what NSMBU should have been.

zero129 said:

Go play Raymen Legends and the other new one if you didnt already. They are well worth it if you like platform games.

But this game is still better .

I got them on Steam , so I'll check it out.

Anyways, reached World 2.