By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Bros Wonder announced; all new 2D Mario (Update: Out now!)

PAOerfulone said:
zeldaring said:

Personally for me i get lost when i'm fully focused on the game, other wise my mind goes back to being stressed lol. funny enough yesterday a boss finally made me angry in Elden ring but it was my fault, i just Didn't want  accept defeat so i kept trying for 3 hours till i finally got the sob.

And that's fine for you.

Others like myself can get lost in a game just by being immersed in the story, characters, and atmosphere of the game w/o it being ball-bustingly hard.

That doesn't make one superior over the other or any of them "bad".

when i say challenging, i don't mean balls busting  hard. I'm talking about the game requiring to focus a bit and use some skill. I personally really enjoy challenging games but when the game is dead easy and doesn't even require you to think, it's bad gameplay IMO. 

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
PAOerfulone said:

And that's fine for you.

Others like myself can get lost in a game just by being immersed in the story, characters, and atmosphere of the game w/o it being ball-bustingly hard.

That doesn't make one superior over the other or any of them "bad".

when i say challenging, i don't mean balls busting  hard. I'm talking about the game requiring to focus a bit and use some skill. I personally really enjoy challnging games but when the game is dead easy and doesn't even require you to think, it's bad gameplay IMO.  

Farming and life simulators like The Sims, Story of Seasons, and Animal Crossing are bad by default by that logic.

PAOerfulone said:
zeldaring said:

when i say challenging, i don't mean balls busting  hard. I'm talking about the game requiring to focus a bit and use some skill. I personally really enjoy challnging games but when the game is dead easy and doesn't even require you to think, it's bad gameplay IMO.  

Farming and life simulators like The Sims, Story of Seasons, and Animal Crossing are bad by default by that logic.

I don't play those games so i would not know. i was talking about 3d/2d platformers. basically any game that gameplay focused for me anyway. for example i just finished zelda between worlds it was a very easy game but it was about puzzles and exploring so i still enjoyed it a lot because it made you think but if i'm playing a game where it platforming made for a skill level of 6 year old then no it's not for me and i would  not consider it being good gameplay. 

Zeldaring, you need to learn to stop spamming your opinion at someone every time they disagree with you.
We get it, you don't like easy games. Move on.

haxxiy said:

I mean, it's you who seems to think that saying a game is designed for a younger audience is a bad thing. Also the only person in the planet who thinks Yoshi and Kirby are as difficult as DKC.

I see that being thrown a lot: retorting that some Nintendo games are family games, not children's games, as if the latter was some sort of poisonous label and the former (arbitrarily slapped label) elevates them to a higher level.

Just admit that you like children's games and don't mind them being easy (because they need to be easy for that age bracket).

It's fine, Rol.

You know what this is about. You know that framing Nintendo games as kids games is one of the most common troll lines ever. You know who you are, and you know that I know who you are. So just stop with the bullshit.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Around the Network

One thing I noticed is that the new Mario model looks much more like the drawings on his old 2D games.
Like look at the cartridges for Mario Land and the SMB games and then compare NSMB to SMB Wonder again.

I LOVE ICELAND!

curl-6 said:

Zeldaring, you need to learn to stop spamming your opinion at someone every time they disagree with you.

if someone is asking about my opinion or trying to suggest that's it's wrong i feel the need to reply. This is your thread so go ahead and continue the important discussion by being blown away by comparing the mario model from 16 years ago, and how detailed it is.

zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

if someone is asking about my opinion or trying to suggest that's it's wrong i feel the need to reply. This is your thread so go ahead and continue the important discussion by being blown away by comparing the mario model from 16 years ago, and how detailed it is.

Nobody said your opinion was wrong. Others simply have their own opinions that may differ from yours; that's not an attack on you. Take a chill pill.

curl-6 said:
BasilZero said:

This.

Switch has become my favorite Nintendo home console system since the SNES.

For me as well.

I'm not sure any system will ever truly dethrone the ol' Super Nintendo as it's lineup of stone cold classics is insane, but between its phenomenal first party catalog and suprisingly strong collection of third party contributions, the Switch has risen through the ranks to become my #2 top system of all time, beating not only any Nintendo device sans SNES, but every Xbox and Playstation I've owned as well.

Subjectively, I'd rank Switch dead-last for home consoles. NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii-U, Wii, Switch... that would be my ranking. But that's only because it just doesn't do it for me like their other consoles did. Objective, though, I'd put it third. NES should always be first because that console and those IPS (IPs that we're still playing today) were created out of thin air. If you're talented (and Nintendo always has been), it's easy to make something great, greater. But it's never easy making something great out of nothing (talented or not), and that's what the NES did. It basically invented the wheel. SNES just perfected it. And that's why I would rank Switch third, because if the NES invented it, and the SNES perfected it, then they have those two spots locked down. Switch comes in next because, compared to their other home consoles, it's the least flawed. N64 had a tiny library and limits due to carts, Gamecube had a restricted library and limits do to mini-discs, Wii was grossly underpowered, focused too heavily on motion-controls and died too soon, Wii-U... well, I loved Wii-U but yeah... Wii-U. So really, the Switch is third by default, because it managed to avoid all of the above. Finally, Nintendo got it right!

Having said all that, I wish the new Mario game would have been called SMB 4. I don't know why they won't do it. I've only been waiting for that since 1990 lol. 

JackHandy said:
curl-6 said:

For me as well.

I'm not sure any system will ever truly dethrone the ol' Super Nintendo as it's lineup of stone cold classics is insane, but between its phenomenal first party catalog and suprisingly strong collection of third party contributions, the Switch has risen through the ranks to become my #2 top system of all time, beating not only any Nintendo device sans SNES, but every Xbox and Playstation I've owned as well.

Subjectively, I'd rank Switch dead-last for home consoles. NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii-U, Wii, Switch... that would be my ranking. But that's only because it just doesn't do it for me like their other consoles did. Objective, though, I'd put it third. NES should always be first because that console and those IPS (IPs that we're still playing today) were created out of thin air. If you're talented (and Nintendo always has been), it's easy to make something great, greater. But it's never easy making something great out of nothing (talented or not), and that's what the NES did. It basically invented the wheel. SNES just perfected it. And that's why I would rank Switch third, because if the NES invented it, and the SNES perfected it, then they have those two spots locked down. Switch comes in next because, compared to their other home consoles, it's the least flawed. N64 had a tiny library and limits due to carts, Gamecube had a restricted library and limits do to mini-discs, Wii was grossly underpowered, focused too heavily on motion-controls and died too soon, Wii-U... well, I loved Wii-U but yeah... Wii-U. So really, the Switch is third by default, because it managed to avoid all of the above. Finally, Nintendo got it right!

Having said all that, I wish the new Mario game would have been called SMB 4. I don't know why they won't do it. I've only been waiting for that since 1990 lol. 

I think SMW was called SMB 4 in Japan, so they probably wouldn't call another game 4 again. And calling a SMW sequel SMB 5 would make little sense internationally (that's probably what they tried to avoid with the "new smb" moniker), but I guess stranger things have happened ^^,