By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - TOTK Exceeds 10M Global Sell-Through in 3-Days

Nintendo US PR

Nintendo Japan PR

Europe PR

Highlights:

>10,000,000 sold-through globally from 05/12/23 - 05/14/23

Global sell-through was less than Scarlet/Violet 3-Day, which was also confirmed to be >10,000,000.  Exact figures for both unknown, but they are #1 & #2 biggest exclusive launches.

Japan sell-through >2,240,000 (#7 Biggest Overall, #5 Biggest for Nintendo/PokeCo)

Americas sell-through >4,000,000, All Time Record Launch for Nintendo Software

Europe sell-through unknown, All Time Record Launch for Nintendo Software

ex-Japan sell-through >7,760,000, All Time Record Launch for Nintendo Software (+30% over Scarlet/Violet which was >5,950,000)

Last edited by mk7sx - on 18 May 2023

Around the Network

Holly s...!

[Post the "it prints money" GIF here]

It's going to be fun to watch this title zip up through the ranks, battling for position with Pokemon: Scarlet and Violet. I know the Pokemon fanbase is rabid, but I feel like this title just has better word of mouth. Any speculation as to when it will surpass P:S&V?

Pre-Switch: Zelda never had a game that reached 9 million lifetime
Now: Tears of the Kingdom exceeds 10 million in just the opening weekend.

Financially speaking, the Switch and Breath of the Wild are the two best things that ever happened to the franchise.

Around the Network

Admittedly, it's obvious that these results are the result of front loading, hype cycle and fomo which are important element knowadays for the success of these games.
I do not doubt it'll have great legs though but until we've got to the end of the year. It'll be fun to see how it is tracking for a while.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

PAOerfulone said:

Financially speaking, the Switch and Breath of the Wild are the two best things that ever happened to the franchise.

I wish people enjoyed Metroidvanias as much as they enjoy open-world games. Sigh...

haxxiy said:
PAOerfulone said:

I wish people enjoyed Metroidvanias as much as they enjoy open-world games. Sigh...

Oh don't worry, Silksong will prolly do the job just fine. + Less I forget, 3M + is an incredible number for a franchise which was mostly sitting in the 1M/less range before it's last game.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

It'll be interesting to see its legs. Poke S/V had the holiday season to move another 10m in the month and a half after the launch. Obviously expect this to take longer to get to 20m with no holiday season right now. But I would certainly expect it to be above 20m by end of the year. This kinda feels like a game everyone would be buying day 1, so legs may not be evergreen, though if that assumption is wrong maybe it sells a few more million the next couple weeks and it passes 20m before we even get to the holiday quarter.

I'm expecting 15-20 million when Nintendo's next FY Earnings Report comes out for the end of June.