By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kotaku Journalist Luke Plunkett Insinuates A Desire For Anti-Japanese Violence

They seriously didn't do that. Comparing publisher blacklists to facism is not "DEATH THREATS".

The kotaku guy is an entitled prick, sure. But he never threatened to kill anybody.

Around the Network

They seek attention. You're giving it to them and then spreading this with fake topic titles. Stop being dumb about it. Just ignore it.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

No, they didn't. That's ridiculous hyperbole. It's perhaps in poor taste, but what I infer from that is that he's proud of the fact they are being blacklisted. That's is just another "target" down.

Kotaku sucks. But I don't see any death threats here.

CaptainExplosion said:

I don't remember any gaming journalists ever doing this before, do any of you?

Journalists, no, but we're talking about Kotaku

Around the Network
Nebnosneh said:

How is anyone shocked by this?
I guess it must be people who allow their worldview to be dictated by journalists, seeing as this is 100% in character.

Exactly this.

Gaming journalism hasn't been about games in a long time. It's about the political agenda of this weirdo cult. Only a mind virus can turn normal people into this.

I dislike Kotaku but the people getting mad at them for covering the leak are being silly since covering leaks is a standard part of journalism. Thinking they're handling being blacklisted in an unprofessional way is fair though.

Ehh. This is nowhere near as big of a deal as the headline here leads you to believe. Kotaku guy is an clown. But, I doubt that he was trying to make a racist remark (much more likely intending to call Nintendo Nazis, which they, *figuratively*, are). Kotaku is often accused of being super left leaning, so they are highly unlikely to intentionally make a racist statement.

Twitter meltdown seems a more fitting title for this

I don't care much for kotaku, I just go for the comment section

Norion said:

I dislike Kotaku but the people getting mad at them for covering the leak are being silly since covering leaks is a standard part of journalism. Thinking they're handling being blacklisted in an unprofessional way is fair though.

Generally journalists just mention that a leak happened and the nature of the leak, they don't usually post the content of the leak.