By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kotaku Journalist Luke Plunkett Insinuates A Desire For Anti-Japanese Violence

They seriously did this. I can't believe how stupid Kotaku really is. -_-

- Mod note: Title has been changed to reflect the title of the article linked to.

* Title changed as of 8:30 AM CST May 5, 2023.

Last edited by Bandorr - on 05 May 2023

Around the Network

I dont really get it. So is he comparing himself to a WW2 fighter pilot who killed nazis and japanese soldiers? What does Nintendo have to do with those targets? Nintendo can be a bit shitty, but comparing them to nazis? What a weird picture to post.

KLXVER said:

I dont really get it. So is he comparing himself to a WW2 fighter pilot who killed nazis and japanese soldiers? What does Nintendo have to do with those targets? Nintendo can be a bit shitty, but comparing them to nazis? What a weird picture to post.

Basically he went on an anti-Japanese tiraid over Nintendo blacklisting Kotaku, which Nintendo had every right to do for using the Tears of The Kingdom leak to spoil aspects of the game.

Unsurprising from Cucktaku degenerates

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

It seems like Captain Explosion's usual shenanigans.-_- -_- -_-

Let's use Kotaku's ridiculous anti-Nazi rhetoric to make an anti-Zelda thread.

There are countries in the world that wage wars of aggression with anti-Nazi rhetoric.

Didn't you hate Russian invasion?

Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 04 May 2023

Around the Network

I don't remember any gaming journalists ever doing this before, do any of you?

I would not consider this a threat. I'm not entirely sure what the point is, but I'm guessing that Nintendo is being referred to as fascists. Comparing them specifically to fascists from pre-war Japan is kind of racist as it implies Nintendo's alleged fascism is related to their Japaneseness. If we wanted to assume the worst of intentions, we can say the implication is that they should be destroyed, but I would hesitate to say that this implies physical destruction.

Even taking things as far as they can go, this doesn't reach the level of a threat. Even saying "I wish someone would blow up Nintendo HQ", while reprehensible in its own right, would fall short of a threat. A threat kind of has to be something that is intended to make someone feel fear. I think the post was in poor taste. Both in its implication that Nintendo are fascists and Nazis, and as making light of fascism in this manner (by comparing it to not giving someone a review code) kind of and disrespects the victims of these regimes, who obviously suffered far worse things.

But death threat? I'm not seeing it. I don't think anyone at Nintendo is feeling particularly threatened at the moment, and I don't think the poster expected they would. 

JWeinCom said:

I would not consider this a threat. I'm not entirely sure what the point is, but I'm guessing that Nintendo is being referred to as fascists. Comparing them specifically to fascists from pre-war Japan is kind of racist as it implies Nintendo's alleged fascism is related to their Japaneseness. If we wanted to assume the worst of intentions, we can say the implication is that they should be destroyed, but I would hesitate to say that this implies physical destruction.

Even taking things as far as they can go, this doesn't reach the level of a threat. Even saying "I wish someone would blow up Nintendo HQ", while reprehensible in its own right, would fall short of a threat. A threat kind of has to be something that is intended to make someone feel fear. I think the post was in poor taste. Both in its implication that Nintendo are fascists and Nazis, and as making light of fascism in this manner (by comparing it to not giving someone a review code) kind of and disrespects the victims of these regimes, who obviously suffered far worse things.

But death threat? I'm not seeing it. I don't think anyone at Nintendo is feeling particularly threatened at the moment, and I don't think the poster expected they would. 

Either way, it's really classless on Kotaku's part. At least so far they haven't acted on any threat.

CaptainExplosion said:
JWeinCom said:

Either way, it's really classless on Kotaku's part. At least so far they haven't acted on any threat.

I'm not disagreeing that they've acted shitty in this.

How is anyone shocked by this?
I guess it must be people who allow their worldview to be dictated by journalists, seeing as this is 100% in character.

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - Spinal Tap