By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kotaku Journalist Luke Plunkett Insinuates A Desire For Anti-Japanese Violence

Not surprised tbh Kotaku have a history of getting blacklisted by companies by their own efforts then throw tantrums instead of taking accountability. For example they have been at odds with Sony back in the PS3 days when they leaked PlayStation Home despite being under NDA and they where blacklisted by Nintendo recently for their emulation article having a link to download Metroid Dreads rom.

Bethesda are another company who have issues with them so them trying call companies Nazis when it's really down to their own actions isn't surprising. 

Around the Network
pikashoe said:
Norion said:

I dislike Kotaku but the people getting mad at them for covering the leak are being silly since covering leaks is a standard part of journalism. Thinking they're handling being blacklisted in an unprofessional way is fair though.

Generally journalists just mention that a leak happened and the nature of the leak, they don't usually post the content of the leak.

I don't think that's an issue as long as it's made clear so people who don't want to see it can avoid the article.

VAMatt said:

Ehh. This is nowhere near as big of a deal as the headline here leads you to believe. Kotaku guy is an clown. But, I doubt that he was trying to make a racist remark (much more likely intending to call Nintendo Nazis, which they, *figuratively*, are). Kotaku is often accused of being super left leaning, so they are highly unlikely to intentionally make a racist statement.

I'd say that doesn't really impact the likelihood, more what the targets end up being.

I am probably the only Japanese here.
I have nothing to discuss, but I do have one thing to say.

Those obsessed with racism are also racists.

Let's grow up guys🙏

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

I am probably the only Japanese here.
I have nothing to discuss, but I do have one thing to say.

Those obsessed with racism are also racists.

Let's grow up guys🙏

Yeah, they are called Progressives.