By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Dune: Part 2 Trailer

The first movie was merely okay, as a huge fan of Frank Herbert's original Dune novel, there was just way too much left out in Dune part 1 for me to even really care about the 2nd movie. I adored Dr. Yueh in the book, easily my favorite character in the novel, impossible to like Yueh in the movie because they cut just about all of his dialogue out from the book. 

Around the Network

I’m really hoping we get Dune Messiah and Children of Dune after this. I doubt they’d go beyond those titles.

Shaunodon said:
coolbeans said:

Like Mummelman, I'm also stoked to see this in IMAX.

My only gripe would be Feyd's bald head. Sting's look in Lynch's Dune felt appropriate given how he's the Harkonnen's best option to marry up. Oh well... Uggo Butler it is.

I don't mind the bald heads as they'd already established that's the new Harkonnen look in part 1. It anything bothered me it's Chani wearing a light blue headband; the last thing I expect to see in the deserts of Arrakis is bright coloured clothing. Also curious why Paul doesn't have blue eyes for most of these scenes, as he should've been in the desert for years at this point, and even Lady Jessica is shown with blue eyes throughout the trailer.

On the positive, I'm glad they seemed to have based Princess Irulan more on the SyFy version where she's actually involved in the story-- convinced there's a connection between Muad'dib and the presumed dead Paul Atreides, actively searching for clues and connections using her bene gesserit skills to manipulate people --as opposed to the book version where she's just a figure head who only pops up in the end.

For Paul’s eyes, there 2 explanations. First, while do his eyes get the blue shade slowly over it’s stay in the desert, they become completely blue once he undergoes a certain process. The difference between him and Jessica is that she will undergo that process way sooner than him.

Second, the trailer is probably made like this on purpose. Since DV will probably explore the 2 year gap, showing the shade of blue in the trailer tell us what happens and when. The only time we see a full blue in his eyes is in the scenes that we know exactly when they happened like the duel with Feuyd.

The interesting thing with Irulan, she’s probably have a bigger presence in the movie because DV is setting up the framework for Messiah and make his job easier by fleshing her out now. Damn I hope WB won’t be idiots and let him completes Paul’s journey.

super_etecoon said:

I’m really hoping we get Dune Messiah and Children of Dune after this. I doubt they’d go beyond those titles.

abronn627 said:
Shaunodon said:

I don't mind the bald heads as they'd already established that's the new Harkonnen look in part 1. It anything bothered me it's Chani wearing a light blue headband; the last thing I expect to see in the deserts of Arrakis is bright coloured clothing. Also curious why Paul doesn't have blue eyes for most of these scenes, as he should've been in the desert for years at this point, and even Lady Jessica is shown with blue eyes throughout the trailer.

On the positive, I'm glad they seemed to have based Princess Irulan more on the SyFy version where she's actually involved in the story-- convinced there's a connection between Muad'dib and the presumed dead Paul Atreides, actively searching for clues and connections using her bene gesserit skills to manipulate people --as opposed to the book version where she's just a figure head who only pops up in the end.

For Paul’s eyes, there 2 explanations. First, while do his eyes get the blue shade slowly over it’s stay in the desert, they become completely blue once he undergoes a certain process. The difference between him and Jessica is that she will undergo that process way sooner than him.

Second, the trailer is probably made like this on purpose. Since DV will probably explore the 2 year gap, showing the shade of blue in the trailer tell us what happens and when. The only time we see a full blue in his eyes is in the scenes that we know exactly when they happened like the duel with Feuyd.

The interesting thing with Irulan, she’s probably have a bigger presence in the movie because DV is setting up the framework for Messiah and make his job easier by fleshing her out now. Damn I hope WB won’t be idiots and let him completes Paul’s journey.

That would make sense as it's basically how the SyFy series set up her character for Messiah (episode one of their Children of Dune series), and again did her much more justice than the book.

I'd be cool with them adapting Messiah to that extent, but if they're going to attempt Children of Dune I'd rather it be almost completely different from the book.

Shaunodon said:
coolbeans said:

Like Mummelman, I'm also stoked to see this in IMAX.

My only gripe would be Feyd's bald head. Sting's look in Lynch's Dune felt appropriate given how he's the Harkonnen's best option to marry up. Oh well... Uggo Butler it is.

I can follow the argument of uniformity, but still think something like Feyd with jet-black hair & less face/head work would be that good middle-ground.  You can still have the blanched skin and dead eyes, but he also cares about looking more presentable for a potential marriage arrangement.

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:

*Crosses fingers*

New trailer's even better:

Just a few more months, now.

great second trailer, but it seems it showed the whole movie lol

It will be as boring as the first one.

Trailer looking great. Cant wait to go see it. I am also hoping we get additional movies but I got a feeling it going to need to do a lot better then the 400 million world wide the first one made to convince WB to green light another. Hopefully all the good press the first one got and the fact we further past covid will mean more people going to see it.