By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Dune: Part 2 Trailer

I must have forgotten this was slated for this year. November 3rd! Looks every bit as good as Part 1. Can't wait!

Last edited by TallSilhouette - on 03 May 2023

Around the Network

Can't wait! Loved the first one, saw it in IMAX. Easily one of the best cinema experiences I ever had. I also bought the 4K Blu-ray and added to my collection.

Mummelmann said:

Can't wait! Loved the first one, saw it in IMAX. Easily one of the best cinema experiences I ever had. I also bought the 4K Blu-ray and added to my collection.

I wish I saw the first in IMAX. I might do that this time.

I also got the 4k blu-ray. 

Like Mummelman, I'm also stoked to see this in IMAX.

My only gripe would be Feyd's bald head. Sting's look in Lynch's Dune felt appropriate given how he's the Harkonnen's best option to marry up. Oh well... Uggo Butler it is.

worthy of a trip to the movies to see on a big screen :)

Around the Network

Part One was one of the best films I've seen in years and this looks every bit as great.
While I appreciated the first film needing to set the stage, which it did very well, I look forward to this one hopefully being a bit pacier now that the world and its players are already established.
With so many talented folks on board I'm sure it will deliver.

Really looking forward to it. Villeneuve did an absolutely incredible job with the first film, turning a novel (and subsequently Lynch film and TV series) I found quite dull into a stunning, captivating film. It was one of the best films I'd seen in years and an easy 9/10; hopefully part 2 is just as good.

Seems as fantastic as the first one.

coolbeans said:

Like Mummelman, I'm also stoked to see this in IMAX.

My only gripe would be Feyd's bald head. Sting's look in Lynch's Dune felt appropriate given how he's the Harkonnen's best option to marry up. Oh well... Uggo Butler it is.

I don't mind the bald heads as they'd already established that's the new Harkonnen look in part 1. It anything bothered me it's Chani wearing a light blue headband; the last thing I expect to see in the deserts of Arrakis is bright coloured clothing. Also curious why Paul doesn't have blue eyes for most of these scenes, as he should've been in the desert for years at this point, and even Lady Jessica is shown with blue eyes throughout the trailer.

On the positive, I'm glad they seemed to have based Princess Irulan more on the SyFy version where she's actually involved in the story-- convinced there's a connection between Muad'dib and the presumed dead Paul Atreides, actively searching for clues and connections using her bene gesserit skills to manipulate people --as opposed to the book version where she's just a figure head who only pops up in the end.