By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2023 VGChartz Estimates Thread - Worldwide Estimates Out Now

And with that the 56m mark has been passed. This is clearly one of the most eventful days in VGChartz history.

Around the Network
Norion said:

And with that the 56m mark has been passed. This is clearly one of the most eventful days in VGChartz history.

I never thought this day would come. This is a total shock. :P 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:
Norion said:

I never thought this day would come. This is a total shock. :P 

Everything was pointing to that not happening till 2024 so I'm stunned.

Those PS5 figures are nuts, I didn't expect this at all. Globally, it looks like 20 million + is a lock this year. Unless there's a large slowdown after pent-up demand is met. Seeing how the others are decelerating though, I find that unlikely. I'm frankly a bit worried about Xbox at this point, this is way too soon to be having yoy drops like we're seeing in the West right now.

There is no excuse for not having xbox series x all over Walmarts in the USA. I haven't seen one in weeks, wtf is MS doing??? Saving all of them Starfield?

Around the Network

Thank you very much, @trunkswd!

It's insane. These estimates are insane.

I hope I don't sound silly or like I am bragging, but witnessing these PS5 estimates, especially as an early adopter from back in Nov. '20 (that's the "bragging" part) is just absolutely satisfying.

Because it's been years watching very low (next-gen) sales. And they barely caused any excitment of when we could expect to leave the old-gen finally behind.

I even have to say that I was a bit worried about if the excitment for the PS5 was still there, even when supply would be healthy again.

Considering it's been SO frustrating to get one for years and the Playstation brand not always producing consumer friendly news since PS5's release, and also because of Microsoft tanking in huge pieces of IP pie over the last years.

Big congrats to Sony, I guess they must be very happy how things turn out in 2023 so far with PS5 and hopefully also PSVR2.

I've seen someone showing that the sales gap between the PS5 and XSX is the same as that of the PS2 vs. the OG Xbox, which is just oof.

If it doesn't change with Starfield...

haxxiy said:

I've seen someone showing that the sales gap between the PS5 and XSX is the same as that of the PS2 vs. the OG Xbox, which is just oof.

If it doesn't change with Starfield...

That isn't lifetime just the gap this year so far. Still not good. OG Xbox only sold 2.65M units lifetime. Xbox Series X|S is easily going to outsell the OG Xbox sometime this year. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

There were a lot of small platforms added to the Platform Totals page by @Machina that he found while doing research. He got this idea to see what else there is after it was announced the Playdate handheld sold 53,142 units in its first year. 

https://www.vgchartz.com/charts/platform_totals/Hardware.php/

trunkswd said:

There were a lot of small platforms added to the Platform Totals page by @Machina that he found while doing research. He got this idea to see what else there is after it was announced the Playdate handheld sold 53,142 units in its first year. 

https://www.vgchartz.com/charts/platform_totals/Hardware.php/

So many platforms. You know, it's crazy how we had over 80 systems, but most players only heard about a bunch of them.