By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will No Backwards Compatibility on Switch 2 Influence Your Purchase?

Will you buy it?

I will still get it 54 54.00%

I won't get it 16 16.00%

I'll jump in late in the generation 20 20.00%

I'm not sure 10 10.00%

Total:100

won't impact my purchase but this day and age be a nice feature to have especially because the console is hybrid and portable

Around the Network

It won't but also Switch 2 will be backwards compat. I'm not sure why anyone is doubting that when Nintendo is staying with Nvidia

I'd still buy it but I wouldn't be happy about it. I've loved every Nintendo Console except the N64 and even that one was culturally significant. I like what Nintendo has to offer, I like their games, I like their franchises, I like their innovation. I'll continue to support them even if they make some bafflingly stupid moves.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Imma buy the next Nintendo system no matter what but no backwards compatibility would be a major letdown for me since I'd have to wait years again for the game library to be solid enough to use as my primary system, when I first got the Switch I ended up playing the Wii U more initially since it already had the most major franchises released already like Mario Maker,Smash while the Switch initially didn't have those games yet.
I want to easily transfer all me Switch games to Switch 2.
Another reason why no backwards compatibility would be a huge letdown is because most likely Nintendo would once again depend more on ports and 60$ re-releases to bring Switch games to Switch 2, which I certainly don't want to repurchase again for games I already own on Switch 1.
Hoping Nintendo doesn't fuck this up and prioritizes backwards compatibility on Switch 2.