By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Swinging to Spider-Man 2

Omega Boost Remake at last right?! RIGHT?! I accept nothing else

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Kinda getting bored at the fucking minigames in rebirth, even a fetch quest of some shrrooms they put a fucking minigame to pull the schrooms the right way

BasilZero said:

What y'all been playing?

Lego 2K Drive - driving around.

Ghost of Tsushima - about to start New Game+ and Iki Island.

Sifu - trophy cleanup.

I'm playing FFVII Rebirth on PS5 and FFVII Remake on PC at the same time lol. We can see how Rebirth is superior.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Kinda getting bored at the fucking minigames in rebirth, even a fetch quest of some shrrooms they put a fucking minigame to pull the schrooms the right way

Wow is there really a minigame for everything in this game.  Because when I read earlier reviews I never thought the game had so many darn minigames for everything. 

BiON!@ 

Around the Network

I took a 2 year break but I finished the final few stages of Prodeus. Def prefer this game over the massive disappointment of Doom Eternal. Eternal does have better art and UI than 2016 but that's it. Prodeus is a better successor to Doom 2016 for me.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

In all honesty, I did not like FFVII remake all that much, but I had to get Rebirth after seeing the overwhelmingly positive reviews.

There are a few points the game has nearly won me over, but the constant mini-games and goofy skits are absolutely killing the atmosphere at the moment. The Junon to Costa del Sol stretch has been agonising in particular.

brendude13 said:

In all honesty, I did not like FFVII remake all that much, but I had to get Rebirth after seeing the overwhelmingly positive reviews.

There are a few points the game has nearly won me over, but the constant mini-games and goofy skits are absolutely killing the atmosphere at the moment. The Junon to Costa del Sol stretch has been agonising in particular.

You can skip or forfeit most of them and still progress the story. I don't think the game conveys well enough that point.

Leynos said:

I took a 2 year break but I finished the final few stages of Prodeus. Def prefer this game over the massive disappointment of Doom Eternal. Eternal does have better art and UI than 2016 but that's it. Prodeus is a better successor to Doom 2016 for me.

Them's fightin' words to a Mr. @MTZehvor !!! :P

coolbeans said:
Leynos said:

Them's fightin' words to a Mr. @MTZehvor !!! :P

It's a divisive game in general. I love DMC but I don't want it in Doom. Platforming in the first person always sucks ass and Eternal is no different and has way too much of it. 2016 mocked games for offering too much exposition. Eternal has too much exposition. 2016 let you play any way you wanted. Eternal seems to demand you play a specific way.  Prodeus for the most part feels like it defines what 2016 did but leans more into the old-school feel and look without going full Ion Fury or something. Still has a vertical aspect to level design and modern rendering techniques and lighting. The movement is so much faster and smoother than Doom. Music will feel familiar as it's from one of the composers of Eternal. Plus the map editor is insane in Prodeus. They could sell that thing as it's own make your own game on its own if they wanted.