By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

Capcom Fighting Collection 2 (which has Capcom VS SNK games and the Power Stone games along with others) and Marvel VS Capcom Fighting Collection coming out months in between - fighting fans are eating good.

That and Tales of Graces F remastered getting announced made my day.

Around the Network

It is kinda insane to see just how MS & Sony are taking an anti-sale approach to hardware this late into the generation.

-PS5 Pro rumored to only come as a Digital Edition (w/ adaptable disc drive option) for $600.
-Series X 2TB for $600

I always go back to that image of Gamecubes selling for $49 at Walmart. Us 6th-gen bros don't appreciate how good we had it back then. :(

Early adopters laughing at these price hikes.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

coolbeans said:

It is kinda insane to see just how MS & Sony are taking an anti-sale approach to hardware this late into the generation.

-PS5 Pro rumored to only come as a Digital Edition (w/ adaptable disc drive option) for $600.
-Series X 2TB for $600

I always go back to that image of Gamecubes selling for $49 at Walmart. Us 6th-gen bros don't appreciate how good we had it back then. :(

It's almost like they say go pc, you get all our games anyways, you don't have to pay 80 euro a year for online gaming and you have a better gamepass deal.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

coolbeans said:

-Series X 2TB for $600

Companies function on the logic of ever-increasing profit. Right now they're the highest they have ever been. With little in the way of competition, no one is willing to take the plunge of selling at a loss to secure more market share.

Keep in mind that the very cheap Gamecubes were also highly damaging to Nintendo's bottom line back then. It ate up the entire profit of software and mobile and then some.

Around the Network
Kyuu said:

https://x.com/Genki_JPN/status/1828318867766247871

Another (huge) price hike! This generation is a disaster.

This is insane, from 50K to 80K in 4 years, the PS5 got a 60% price increase since launch in Japan!

BraLoD said:
Kyuu said:

https://x.com/Genki_JPN/status/1828318867766247871

Another (huge) price hike! This generation is a disaster.

This is insane, from 50K to 80K in 4 years, the PS5 got a 60% price increase since launch in Japan!

80k today is $553.15, 50k 4 years ago on August 28th 2020 was worth $471.68 so it was a big 17.2% increase but not anywhere near 60%

coolbeans said:

-Series X 2TB for $600

It's really strange to see prices increasing instead of dropping, even more after the Slim took over the original model, which was made to be cheaper...

I would be livid if I was in Japan and still didn't have a PS5, seems like Sony is trying hard to make it to stop selling there.

Sony can't possibly not be making money on the PS5 right now, seems like they want good profit margins too, maybe being an early adopter is the better strategy from now on, crazy.

rapsuperstar31 said:
BraLoD said:

80k today is $553.15, 50k 4 years ago on August 28th 2020 was worth $471.68 so it was a big 17.2% increase but not anywhere near 60%

It is 60%, inflation and money losing value is another thing to consider, but for Japanese people it went from 50K to 80K yen.

Which was the average income increase in yens from the japanese in that period? Was it close to 60% too?

Ryuu96 said:

No, we won't avoid using the word Nazi because it's not the same thing at all.

And the fact that he genuinely can't see the difference in historical context says so much about him. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android