By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
the-pi-guy said:

Andrew Weissmann, a former federal prosecutor, said that Trump's comments about Judge Merchan were "appalling" and that heads of organized crime gangs would not behave in such a way."You do not have this behavior from a mob boss," Weissmann told MSNBC. "There is a rule in organized crime. You do not do this with respect to prosecutors. You don't do this with respect to the judge. You certainly don't go after their families. It's bad business to do that.

Source

Mob bosses don't even act this terribly" is quite a statement.  

Seems pretty stupid to go after the judge that is over your case.

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 05 April 2023

Around the Network

The number of enemies the American empire has created with its own hands is comical. 

On this episode of The GOP Has Lost Their Fucking Minds, Florida Republicans are now just openly declaring Jihad on the trans community:

I worry about how much worse American Fascism will continue to escalate before it hopefully reaches its breaking point. This on top of Tennessee's war on democracy and Texas' governor trying to be as big a monster as possible.

TallSilhouette said:

On this episode of The GOP Has Lost Their Fucking Minds, Florida Republicans are now just openly declaring Jihad on the trans community:

I worry about how much worse American Fascism will continue to escalate before it hopefully reaches its breaking point. This on top of Tennessee's war on democracy and Texas' governor trying to be as big a monster as possible.

Oh that is the tip of the iceberg for Florida.  Now Florida is trying to change the death penalty so you can charge anyone for it instead of just capital crimes.  Guess what group would be first to get persecuted.  With them opening trying to paint the LGBT community as groomers, well you see where they are going.

A lot of the good old “love thy neighbour” going on in Florida.

The only thing holey about this guy is that he’s an asshole. 

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
TallSilhouette said:

Oh that is the tip of the iceberg for Florida.  Now Florida is trying to change the death penalty so you can charge anyone for it instead of just capital crimes.  Guess what group would be first to get persecuted.  With them opening trying to paint the LGBT community as groomers, well you see where they are going.

Is this for real?  This can't be right.  It 

Delete

CosmicSex said:
Machiavellian said:

Is this for real?  This can't be right.  It 

Yes, Florida is basically trying to push the Supreme Court into overturning previous landmark decisions limiting the death penalty to cases involving a death. They are pushing forward a bill expanding the use of the death penalty to those convicted of child rape, which will undoubtedly get challenged on Constitutional ground (because it is Unconstitutional), likely forcing the Supreme Court to stare down another important precedent. 

Will this apply to LGBTQ+ individuals? Ehhh, I mean, it will apply to LGBTQ+ child rapists and there is a possibility that it may be applied disproportionately (and I personally think it is likely to invite a good degree of bias), but there isn't really much concern at this time of this being applied broadly to the LGBTQ+ community. The concerns mainly stand where the concerns are with every death penalty case imo

This newer reactionary Republican group has a strong tendency for hypocrisy.

They whine about people being over-emotional, all while being the ones in the room unable to control their emotions.
They condemn identity politics, and yet won’t stop shoving religious and confederate identity politics into discussions.
They claim to be Christian, and routinely surpass the Pharisees of the Gospel of Matthew in blasphemy and sanctimony akin to that which Jesus hated.

They should read their gospels, and practice those instead of putting words in the mouth of the saviour and God they pretend to serve.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Well basically what has happened is that the many different ideas and pragmatic philosophies that are normally identified as separate political theories have been consolidated into a single party. That is the Democratic Party. As scattered and troublesome as this Party is, the only real alternative is hatred, cruelty and racism. It is the Republicans Party. It has no real answers only fear and loathing. It's a dying party... a

Neverending airing of grevience...an unquenchable desire for revenge. And it blocks itself from objective reasoning. A loser demanding to to crowned and held above all.

Once it is gone we should promptly rid ourselves of political parties altogether now that we see how dangerous they are. Let's establish common goals and use objective reasoning to govern ourselves instead.