By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

This one was deleted?

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 04 April 2023

Around the Network

It's incredible. I have managed to live my whole life without ever being arrested or indicted. I'm a model citizen yet people like MTG want to elevate this guy to Jesus... and the GOP want to worship this guy?

I wonder if Trump’s prison name will be Golden Shower?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

But in all seriousness, in the US, generally corporate and upper class criminals receive pardons because they’re wealthy and influential enough. So, as far as I see it, until that loophole is fixed wealthy people still live by different laws in the US, and this is all circus.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

You know MTG says probably some of the dumbest things but I believe underestimating her would be a problem. She has successfully carved out her space and got herself put on some important house Committees. You would believe that this women would go no where but she is carving out her brand the crazy part is there is a growing audience listening to her. She has hooked her cart up to Trump and now she is his ride or die second wife but it does seems she is playing a better game than most. Man would it be funny if Trump make her his running mate which is what she is probably looking for.

Around the Network

Wisconsin Supreme Court tilted left, which might have some impact on federal elections (especially for House).

Hopefully redistricting can happen. The state is immensely gerrymandered. Republicans routinely get fewer votes, and yet almost have a super majority in both the house and senate.

Democracy crisis averted in Wisconsin. Hopefully it will stop being one of the most gerrymandered and undemocratic states in the future.

EDIT: Beat me by four minutes.

Do I understand it correctly that we were lead to believe he would be indicted on one thing (the Stormy Daniels payment), but it actuually turned out to by on 34 separate criminal charges?

Hiku said:

Do I understand it correctly that we were lead to believe he would be indicted on one thing (the Stormy Daniels payment), but it actuually turned out to by on 34 separate criminal charges?

True but it appears he made multiple payments than just the Stormy Daniels one.  They all seem to stem from trying to hide the payments which if he just used his own money they really would not have a case.  Usually hush money payments would be from your personal account.  Lets be real, the payments are probably to small to really be something most DA would waste time going after but, when Trump was president, he flexed his powers against New York a couple of times and they really did not like it.  I always thought it was foolish to go that route because you asking for them to dig into your dealings and the dirt he probably would have gotten away with become centerstage as we see.  The one state he should have played nice to was always New York.

Andrew Weissmann, a former federal prosecutor, said that Trump's comments about Judge Merchan were "appalling" and that heads of organized crime gangs would not behave in such a way."You do not have this behavior from a mob boss," Weissmann told MSNBC. "There is a rule in organized crime. You do not do this with respect to prosecutors. You don't do this with respect to the judge. You certainly don't go after their families. It's bad business to do that.

Source

Mob bosses don't even act this terribly" is quite a statement.  

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 05 April 2023