By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - LoD is coming to PS Plus Premium!!

2023's GOTY?

LoD 19 100.00%

Total:19
CosmicSex said:

Of all the older retro games fans are more enthusiastic about LOD than most others. So much that you guys have won me over and I have decided to start playing today lol.

Any pointers for beginners like me?

The game is usually pretty easy, no need to level grind or such (even as you can grind money for some of the best equips if you want).

One of the basic hints I can give you some people miss are:

Use the R1 buttont to display the arrows on your char in the map, the arrow color gives you an estimate of the encounters (blue is far from it, yellow is getting close and red is when you are about to face an encounter).

The arrow also shows places to leave and enter on the maps, indicate what is inside a building (yellow arrows for inns, blue for shops) and the enemies health (blue are for over 50%, yellow for over 25% and red for under 25% HP).

The games works with a dual element damage multiplier, and the enemies elements are displayed on the color of their name bars.

Water and Fire, Wind and Earth, Dark and Light, those elements inflict double damage on each other. While same elements will have the damage halved.

Feel free to ask me about anything you like about the game.

Last edited by BraLoD - on 21 February 2023

Around the Network
Spike0503 said:

I just downloaded the game. Anyone else surprised by the size? It's 6.4 GB. That has to be larger than the original across 4 CDs.

There are some visual glitches on the PS5 version (which is 6gb) dunno about the PS4 (which is 9gb).

One thing to consider is: the original game had an audio problem that started to happen during long play sessions, usually over 3 hours, that is happening on the PS5 every 1 hour now, at least for me.

If you notice the sounds are a bit strange or the character is not saying the addition name while doing it, save the game, exit and open it again, that fixes the sound glitches.

And I got it for free.

Kyuu said:

I mean his name is Bra (short for Brazil) LoD, so he made the mistake of applying that to Japan without being aware of the negative connotations (like countless others also aren't). It's pretty fucking obvious that he isn't racist against the Japanese when you look at his favorite games and publishers. He's generally a fan.

Perhaps he's allergic to intolerant judgemental jerks and the morality police, and he took you as one. But "racist" he isn't... come on.

I'm more lady back nowdays but I used to go into a "you give me and I give you back" mode where if someone is rude to me I would make sure to treat them to the exact same kind of rudeness as a reward.

I'm not from the USA, I'd no clue that it was some kind of war slang and I'm called racist and told to feel shame out of the blue, so yeah, I was really not happy with that attitude.

Japan is my favorite country in the entire world and I'm pretty sure anyone that actually have any conversation with me knows that pretty well.

I don't really care about what some people decide to think about me tho, that's their problem, not mine.

But I do take this stuff more calmly nowdays than what I used to, lol.

gooch_destroyer said:

And I got it for free.

Are you going to LoD?

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
gooch_destroyer said:

And I got it for free.

Are you going to LoD?

Might as well. 

gooch_destroyer said:
BraLoD said:

Are you going to LoD?

Might as well. 

Just played about 5 hours of it, still as great as ever.

You once had it on your top 50, didn't you?

Hopefully it's climbing that list a lot xD

Kyuu said:

I mean his name is Bra (short for Brazil) LoD, so he made the mistake of applying that to Japan without being aware of the negative connotations (like countless others also aren't). It's pretty fucking obvious that he isn't racist against the Japanese when you look at his favorite games and publishers. He's generally a fan.

Perhaps he's allergic to intolerant judgemental jerks and the morality police, and he took you as one. But "racist" he isn't... come on.

As expected.

"Let's not forget the most important thing that I said from the start that has been ignored. VGC is a sales website. Any sales info that you do not know (God of War Japan sales) can be SEARCHED BEFORE making a (racist) post."

Mistake? Funny how the mistake always has the standard racist phrasing with no effort put into it. They were on this sales website for 4 years at that point. Not the day before. You just revealed two things about yourself. Congrats.

the-pi-guy said:
Rob5VGC said:

>Unfortunately, BraLoD's 2 racist posts were deleted in the thread by the mod (as expected)

Uh if you're talking about the fact that Bralod's posts are just no longer in the thread, that has nothing to do with the mod team. In case you were uninformed. Someone had gained access to the site 4 months ago and deleted the entire post history of around 30 or 40 users. 

If that's what you're talking about, you yourself should get informed before accusing people of wrong doing. Again, what you're seeing in that thread right now has nothing to do with anyone on the mod team. The mod team doesn't even have the ability to selectively delete posts.

We don't have the habit of doing anything with posts that are over a year old, let alone 5 years. 

Did BraLod say something racist in this very thread, that I missed? Or are you choosing to attack him because of some posts 5 years in the past? If it's the latter, I'm going to ask you to drop the conversation. This is the thread for Legend of Dragoon, it is not the thread for BraLoD's post history. 

If it is the former then report it, we will do something about it, unlike 5 or even 14 year old posts. 

Bold 1: Oh dear, I made a slight mistake. It doesn't change the fact that I had already said that it didn't matter because I copied what BraLoD said "I don't give a fuck about the story of it...".

And yes, I was there LIVE when the d*ck images were still being put all over the site. 3rd post in the thread link and I was in the unofficial thread by another user while it was happening. It changes nothing.: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/246755/vgchartz-got-attacked-important/1/

Bold 2: As a mod, you're not saying anything surprising and yet you still disappoint. Racism was downplayed back then and resolved with "Let's forget the racial stuff and move on. Thanks :)" by CGI that I had to get CGI to take it seriously after BraLoD came back after CGI's post to reply to me with "I don't give a fuck about the story of it...". BraLoD showed their racist/hateful mindset twice.

Now this is just slander on your part. When did I "attack" BraLoD? My first post stated facts about LoD as a series, which you can verify on this sales website, and I stated that it was deserved. I didn't reply to anyone here nor named BraLoD in my post. BraLoD replied to me and they knew why they wanted to reply to me. It was only because BraLoD was the same old BraLoD that I then revealed their past heinous act. I even tried to deescalate the situation and help him stop, but BraLoD being BraLoD never chooses the smart option, and most importantly, they gave the "OK" to post the rest.

With that said... racism was downplayed and poorly handled back then by a mod and continues to be by you, another mod (Are you really going to say that I'm lying?). There is no time limit for racist acts nor should there ever be. Actually, I dropped it with my last reply as I had nothing more to say then I saw you slander me, which is why I am making this reply (I shouldn't even have to question your stance on libel/slander, but considering...), plus I might as well cover the 2 other replies to me 1 time. As I said, I did drop it as I had nothing more to say.

Runa216 said:
Rob5VGC said:

You should probably leave, heathen. 

Or you could be better.

I'm confident in saying that BraLoD isn't a secret racist against Japanese people, Lol. He was simply unaware at the time about the shorthand being a racial slur against Japanese people. He knows now, and I'm about 99% sure that we have told others recently not to use the word "Jap" and informed them on the negative associations behind it.

The issue with your spam reports is that they were for accounts which haven't been active in years, what is the point in even moderating dead accounts? It's simply a waste of time, they won't ever see it and the "Jap" shorthand is still not allowed regardless so, I'd ask again, what is the point? These users are unlikely ever returning.

Back to BraLoD, I'm confident in saying he was unaware at the time, and seriously are we dragging up 5 years old comments which were already handled? It's not exactly a huge surprise that he would be unaware either, it's not as widely known as some other slurs and its origins as a slur comes from the USA during WW2...As you can see from BraLoD's profile, he is from Brazil.

Apparently I'm reading that "Japa" is used in Brazil as well to refer to Japanese/Asians in general and isn't widely considered a slur, so, having said all of this, it's very likely that BraLoD was simply using it as a shorthand for Japanese and had absolutely zero racial intention or knowledge about the negative connections.

Now he knows better so for the love of God, lets move on.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 21 February 2023

Spike0503 said:
CosmicSex said:

Of all the older retro games fans are more enthusiastic about LOD than most others. So much that you guys have won me over and I have decided to start playing today lol.

Any pointers for beginners like me?

Practice the additions often. Initially it can be a bit frustrating to get a perfect combo but you'll eventually get it right. Also, using the "Defend" command is an easy way to heal your party members. I generally only use potions in boss fights for that reason. 

THX!