By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - LoD is coming to PS Plus Premium!!

2023's GOTY?

LoD 19 100.00%

Total:19

I just downloaded the game. Anyone else surprised by the size? It's 6.4 GB. That has to be larger than the original across 4 CDs.

Around the Network
Spike0503 said:
Blood_Tears said:

So I own both LoD and Wild Arms 2 as PS1 classics bought through the PS3 store from years ago. (Same with Wild Arms 1) I was able to download LoD at no extra charge because I had bought it before. The same scenario happened with Wild Arms 1 when that was put on the new PSN, able to download it with no problem with no extra charge.

For some reason though the same does not apply for Wild Arms 2 for me. It's trying to charge me $13.49 CAD for it. I booted up the ol PS3 and PS Vita and tested Wild Arms 2 there and it plays fine. So I guess it's a no go on that one for me, unless it's a bug. It wouldn't have anything to do with me not being on Premium since both Wild Arms 1 and LoD are both listed in the same tier and downloaded fine for me with no fees.
Anyone else give these two a try? (If you've previously purchased them)

I think they usually honor PS3 purchases but it's on a case-by-case basis. Sony seems to have done it with their games (Syphon Filter and LoD) but some third party companies seem not to, like Capcom with RE1 and Namco with Tekken 2.

I own at least 20-ish PS1 games on PS3 and I figure some of them won't be re-released. Final Fantasy VII for example since Square already released a port for PS4. I also wonder about Castlevania SOTN since it was released in a collection alongside Rondo of Blood.

Anyway! On topic, I'm so glad to finally have it on my PS5! Plus the trophies are a good enough reason to give it another playtrough :D

Yeah that's true. It's just odd is all since Wild Arms is their game and IP as well as it's not third party. Just inconsistent to me is all. Especially after reading noisypixel's article earlier on it. So something is wonky for me. lol 

UPDATE: Wild Arms 2 & The Legend Of Dragoon Trophy Lists Revealed - Noisy Pixel

UPDATE 2/21/2023Wild Arms 2 and The Legend of Dragoon are both available for $9.99 each. If you bought the titles on PlayStation 3’s PSN, you should be able to download these releases for free.

Blood_Tears said:
Spike0503 said:

I think they usually honor PS3 purchases but it's on a case-by-case basis. Sony seems to have done it with their games (Syphon Filter and LoD) but some third party companies seem not to, like Capcom with RE1 and Namco with Tekken 2.

I own at least 20-ish PS1 games on PS3 and I figure some of them won't be re-released. Final Fantasy VII for example since Square already released a port for PS4. I also wonder about Castlevania SOTN since it was released in a collection alongside Rondo of Blood.

Anyway! On topic, I'm so glad to finally have it on my PS5! Plus the trophies are a good enough reason to give it another playtrough :D

Yeah that's true. It's just odd is all since Wild Arms is their game and IP as well as it's not third party. Just inconsistent to me is all. Especially after reading noisypixel's article earlier on it. So something is wonky for me. lol 

UPDATE 2/21/2023Wild Arms 2 and The Legend of Dragoon are both available for $9.99 each. If you bought the titles on PlayStation 3’s PSN, you should be able to download these releases for free.

So they'll honor the Wild Arms 2 purchase after all? That's good to know! I never got around to buying that one so I will have to pony up the cash this time lol. Is the first game any good? I've never played it before.

Of all the older retro games fans are more enthusiastic about LOD than most others. So much that you guys have won me over and I have decided to start playing today lol.

Any pointers for beginners like me?

Spike0503 said:
Blood_Tears said:

So they'll honor the Wild Arms 2 purchase after all? That's good to know! I never got around to buying that one so I will have to pony up the cash this time lol. Is the first game any good? I've never played it before.

Oh they're great games for sure. They're just very dated at this point, if you can get past the PS1 style graphics then definitely worth checking out if you like JRPG's. The price is not a big barrier of entry either, I just don't want to have to pay it a 2nd time. lol  

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:

Of all the older retro games fans are more enthusiastic about LOD than most others. So much that you guys have won me over and I have decided to start playing today lol.

Any pointers for beginners like me?

Practice the additions often. Initially it can be a bit frustrating to get a perfect combo but you'll eventually get it right. Also, using the "Defend" command is an easy way to heal your party members. I generally only use potions in boss fights for that reason. 

I have a tonne of PS1 games on my PS3...how many of them can be brought forth to PS5? I didn't even know this was a thing until this week, and the 30 or 40 PS1 games I have I'd love to download on my PS4/5.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:

I have a tonne of PS1 games on my PS3...how many of them can be brought forth to PS5? I didn't even know this was a thing until this week, and the 30 or 40 PS1 games I have I'd love to download on my PS4/5.

Here's a list of the ps1 games that have been brought to ps5 so far, not many yet. If you owned any of these on psp/PS3 you may be able to download them for free.

• Ape Escape
  • Harvest Moon: Back to Nature (added February 21st, 2023)
  • Hot Shots Golf
  • Hot Shots Golf 2 (added January 17th 2023)
  • I.Q Intelligent Qube
  • Jumping Flash!
  • Mr. Driller
  • Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
  • Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus (added December 20th 2022)
  • Resident Evil Director's Cut
  • Star Wars Demolition (added January 17th 2023)
  • Syphon Filter
  • Syphon Filter 2 (added September 20th 2022)
  • Syphon Filter 3 (added January 17th 2023)
  • Tekken 2
  • Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue!
  • The Legend of Dragoon (added February 21st, 2023)
  • Wild Arms
  • Wild Arms 2 (added February 21st, 2023)
  • Worms Armageddon
  • Worms World Party

Zippy6 said:
Runa216 said:

Here's a list of the ps1 games that have been brought to ps5 so far, not many yet. If you owned any of these on psp/PS3 you may be able to download them for free.

• Ape Escape
  • Hot Shots Golf
  • I.Q Intelligent Qube
  • Jumping Flash!
  • Mr. Driller
  • Resident Evil Director's Cut
  • Syphon Filter
  • Tekken 2
  • Wild Arms
  • Worms Armageddon
  • Worms World Party

We should keep this list and update it with more info! I'll start by adding the ones you don't get even if you bought them on PS3:

• Ape Escape
  • Hot Shots Golf
  • I.Q Intelligent Qube
  • Jumping Flash!
  • Mr. Driller (PS3 Purchase won't be honored)
  • Resident Evil Director's Cut (PS3 Purchase won't be honored)
  • Syphon Filter
  • Tekken 2 (PS3 Purchase won't be honored)
  • Wild Arms
  • Worms Armageddon
  • Worms World Party

Blood_Tears said:

So I own both LoD and Wild Arms 2 as PS1 classics bought through the PS3 store from years ago. (Same with Wild Arms 1) I was able to download LoD at no extra charge because I had bought it before. The same scenario happened with Wild Arms 1 when that was put on the new PSN, able to download it with no problem with no extra charge.

For some reason though the same does not apply for Wild Arms 2 for me. It's trying to charge me $13.49 CAD for it. I booted up the ol PS3 and PS Vita and tested Wild Arms 2 there and it plays fine. So I guess it's a no go on that one for me, unless it's a bug. It wouldn't have anything to do with me not being on Premium since both Wild Arms 1 and LoD are both listed in the same tier and downloaded fine for me with no fees.
Anyone else give these two a try? (If you've previously purchased them)

It worked for both LoD and Wild Arms 1 to me as well, I'm not sure if I bought Wild Arms 2 back in the day in the PS3 store but I'll check if it somehow is free for me and get back on you.