By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - LoD is coming to PS Plus Premium!!

2023's GOTY?

LoD 19 100.00%

Total:19
BraLoD said:
CosmicSex said:

Of all the older retro games fans are more enthusiastic about LOD than most others. So much that you guys have won me over and I have decided to start playing today lol.

Any pointers for beginners like me?

The game is usually pretty easy, no need to level grind or such (even as you can grind money for some of the best equips if you want).

One of the basic hints I can give you some people miss are:

Use the R1 buttont to display the arrows on your char in the map, the arrow color gives you an estimate of the encounters (blue is far from it, yellow is getting close and red is when you are about to face an encounter).

The arrow also shows places to leave and enter on the maps, indicate what is inside a building (yellow arrows for inns, blue for shops) and the enemies health (blue are for over 50%, yellow for over 25% and red for under 25% HP).

The games works with a dual element damage multiplier, and the enemies elements are displayed on the color of their name bars.

Water and Fire, Wind and Earth, Dark and Light, those elements inflict double damage on each other. While same elements will have the damage halved.

Feel free to ask me about anything you like about the game.

Oh thank you!  Already started playing btw.  Obvious classic.  It's been a while since I've played a real turn based JRPG honestly.

Around the Network

So after playing the game yesterday, and reading some posts on RPG and LoD specific groups, I have a warning.

Be careful while using Rose's dragoon magic Astral Drain.

I had a big problem with it getting my game stuck after using it on Volcano Villude.

I used it on an enemy in the world map after and it was fine, but I'm reading players are having a lot of problems with it too.

If your game gets stuck, please use the new rewind feature immediately to go back to the frame right before you used a dragoon magic attack and try to avoid using it in that place (the entire map you are into, not just the current screen).

If you can get to a save point, exiting the game after saving and opening it again should fix it.

Sadly I can't see Sony bothering to patch the game up, so you'll need to try to avoid it.

But don't ditch Rose, she is one of the best characters on any videogame ever!

EDIT:

It's actually even worse, apparently every multi target dragoon magic will get the game stuck after the fight or during it if you run out of the dragoon transformations turns. Could also confirm that myself.

I heard some people are apparently fixing the problem by deleting the game and installing it again, but I'm unsure if it actually works or if you would lose your previous save.

If I do try it I'll let you guys know.

Last edited by BraLoD - on 23 February 2023

BraLoD said:

So after playing the game yesterday, and reading some posts on RPG and LoD specific groups, I have a warning.

I had a big problem with it getting my game stuck after using it on Volcano Villude.

I used it on an enemy in the world map after and it was fine, but I'm reading players are having a lot of problems with it too.

If your game gets stuck, please use the new rewind feature immediately to go back to the frame right before you used a dragoon magic attack and try to avoid using it in that place (the entire map you are into, not just the current screen).

If you can get to a save point, exiting the game after saving and opening it again should fix it.

Sadly I can't see Sony bothering to patch the game up, so you'll need to try to avoid it.

The fact that there's a rewind feature is a godsend.

Thanks for the tip - I'm planning to buy the game in the future.

BasilZero said:
BraLoD said:

The fact that there's a rewind feature is a godsend.

Thanks for the tip - I'm planning to buy the game in the future.

It's actually even worse, apparently every multi target dragoon magic will get the game stuck after the fight or during it if you run out of the dragoon transformations turns. (Could also confirm that myself yesterday after my post).

I heard some people are apparently fixing the problem by deleting the game and installing it again, but I'm unsure if it actually works or if you would lose your previous save.

The emulator really needs to be patched, at the current state you should really just avoid using dragoon altougher, which is really bad as that is one of the game's best mechanics =/.

I'll edit my post to reflect that warning and copy it for the OP so more people get to see it.

BraLoD said:

It's actually even worse, apparently every multi target dragoon magic will get the game stuck after the fight or during it if you run out of the dragoon transformations turns. (Could also confirm that myself yesterday after my post).

The emulator really needs to be patched, at the current state you should really just avoid using dragoon altougher, which is really bad as that is one of the game's best mechanics =/.

I'll edit my post to reflect that warning and copy it for the OP so more people get to see it.

Damn, I hope they fix that.

Around the Network

Legend of Dragoon was apparently patched.

At least Sony is listening! The patch is great news. I actually hadn't played much of the game yet so I'm glad I won't be going through those issues when I do.

the-pi-guy said:

Legend of Dragoon was apparently patched.

Just updated the OP to reflect that, tested it myself and the game is just fine now, even the visual glitches are fixed! (Maybe the audio too, but will have to play some hours to confirm that one).

Edit: the audio is also fixed and they have also fixed the options you last used for screen ratio and filters to be the your default one next time you open the emulator, which had to be picked everytime before the update.

Last edited by BraLoD - on 27 February 2023

BasilZero said:
BraLoD said:

Damn, I hope they fix that.

The game was patched and is working properly now, so you can play without a worry =D

Fantastic news.