By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 6, 2023 (30 Jan - 05 Feb)

tak13 said:

Some people may be buying it in anticipation of specific games. Also you're spending @@@ 600€ ,Japanese may not be able to afford to buy a game along with the console, a 70 euros game, so they're planning to do it in a depth of time. And obviously loyal ps4 users are transitioning now with the sufficient stock, isn't PS5 BW combatible?

The overall main bulk of initial PS3 sales in Japan were Blu-ray player buys. I doubt people are just sitting on PS5s, waiting for...what exactly?

But I could imagine, in the wake of the "The Last Of Us" hype train, people are buying PS5s and empty the bargain bins of 2nd hand dealers (if something like that exists in Japan) for those titles.

Around the Network
drkohler said:
tak13 said:

Some people may be buying it in anticipation of specific games. Also you're spending @@@ 600€ ,Japanese may not be able to afford to buy a game along with the console, a 70 euros game, so they're planning to do it in a depth of time. And obviously loyal ps4 users are transitioning now with the sufficient stock, isn't PS5 BW combatible?

The overall main bulk of initial PS3 sales in Japan were Blu-ray player buys. I doubt people are just sitting on PS5s, waiting for...what exactly?

But I could imagine, in the wake of the "The Last Of Us" hype train, people are buying PS5s and empty the bargain bins of 2nd hand dealers (if something like that exists in Japan) for those titles.

Could be as simple as FOMO (fear of missing out) ... if you know at some point you're going to buy a PS5 even if the specific game(s) you want aren't there right now, but it's been impossible/difficult to find one in a store since launch, well when you suddenly see one sitting there available, you might be more inclined to jump in and get the system at least. 

CloudxTifa said:
Mar1217 said:

So basically, they do have space for the hardware stocks but not for the software ?

I guess the PS5 is truly the Astro Bot Playroom machine in Japan /s

I can feel some agressivity here. Since PS5's stock are here, some people became angry.

Bruh, I think you need to read the /s closely to understand that I'm not serious about what I said.

PS5 stocks are there and they're gonna sell as much as they have, it's a given. The software situation however is still ironic in some way despite its glowing performance.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:
CloudxTifa said:

I can feel some agressivity here. Since PS5's stock are here, some people became angry.

Bruh, I think you need to read the /s closely to understand that I'm not serious about what I said.

PS5 stocks are there and they're gonna sell as much as they have, it's a given. The software situation however is still ironic in some way despite its glowing performance.

I was teasing you, don't worry

https://twitter.com/nis_prinny/status/1623879428114894849?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1623879428114894849%7Ctwgr%5E1f0cff17c6a774548441d106f4968436f7b2f606%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vgchartz.com%2F

Disgaea 7 confirmed 50,000 shipped after 2 weeks.

Confirmed Physical sales.

NS- 13.094
PS4- 3.568
PS5- 2.324

Total: 18,986

Around the Network

Famitsu doesn't track digital sales, right?
There's a PS5 model without a disc drive, so those people will not buy physical games since they'd be unable to play them.

People are probably mainly picking it up now because there are games coming out that they want, like Final Fantasy 16, or Resident Evil 4. Hogwarts may end up being popular in Japan as well.