By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct tomorrow (February 8th) - 2 PM PST / 11PM in Europe

Expecting a trailer for Zelda with a quick update and mentioning a full Zelda direct coming in April, the next wave for Mario Kart, and a shadow drop of Advance Wars. Hoping for a new Donkey Kong Country, or F Zero announced like I hope for every direct. Would be cool to see SE show up and show off Dragon Quest 3 HD-2D with a release date in the first half.

Around the Network

It's a weird time. Nintendo really hasn't supported a system this long since Gameboy really. We've already had pretty much all of Nintendo's big franchises and it seems unlikely they'd do something like Mario Kart 9 or Smash Ultimater before the next machine at this point. Hopefully this means we'll be getting some B tier franchises or some quirkier things.

Wind Waker HD or Metroid Prime Trilogy is all I ask.
Also more Zelda TotK info, which is basically guaranteed. So hyped for that game!

There will definitely be TofK info, but I wonder if they'll save a blowout for a direct of its own

mZuzek said:
S.Peelman said:

I should as well, but I know I can't.

I'm afraid I'll fail too. Actually I think it'd be fine to watch it once, 3 months before the game, I won't remember all that much by then. But I know if I watch it once, I'll watch it two hundred times.

I long for the days before YouTube and the interwebs when it comes to gaming news. Having to wait a month before the next magazine to come out with 5 new screenshots. They spoil practically everything these days and I'm too weak to ignore most of it :P

I've been telling myself I'm going to ignore everything Metroid Prime related but... It's Metroid Prime... I need to see... I need to know...

Around the Network

Looking for:

- A lot more info on Zelda TotK
- Advance Wars release date
- Announcement of Metroid Prime remake (assuming its actually real)
- More Pikmin 4 info
- Announcement of 2D Mario
- Announcement of Mario Baseball (I saw something about it recently, don't remember if it was official announcement or just a rumor)

Captain_Yuri said:

Where's my Switch 2 announcement Nintendo

lol. That ain't happening this year.

JWeinCom said:

It's a weird time. Nintendo really hasn't supported a system this long since Gameboy really. We've already had pretty much all of Nintendo's big franchises and it seems unlikely they'd do something like Mario Kart 9 or Smash Ultimater before the next machine at this point. Hopefully this means we'll be getting some B tier franchises or some quirkier things.

There is still plenty we are waiting for on Switch. A quick list of games they could still make for the Switch:

2D Mario, DK, FZero, Star Fox, Kid Icarus, Prime remake, Prime 2+3, Prime 4, Wario platformer, Zelda WW+TP, 2D Zelda, Excitebike/truck, Wave Race, 1080 Snowboarding, and probably several others.

Granted some of those are remakes/remasters/ports, but most of them haven't even hit the Switch yet or Switch only has WiiU ports of the previous game and not its own game in the series. And while some of those are B tier franchises, some of them are definitely A tier. I think there is still a good mix of A tier and B tier franchises or series that we are waiting to see come to Switch.

Last edited by Slownenberg - on 07 February 2023

-deleted-

mZuzek said:

Think we're getting this trailer part 2.

I might try to avoid watching it.

Ain't gonna miss the best story trailer of all time - part 2 heh 😏

Ka-pi96 said:

Any chance the next MK8 DLC pack will be announced in this?

I'm guessing we will see the release of the next one in the Spring so we're prolly getting a glimpse of it 

Anywoo, I'm personally only sure we'll see Zelda ToK, an update on Xenoblade 3 DLC Expansion, Updates on Splatoon 3 and Pikmin 4 during the Direct. The rest is entirely a surprise and hopefully, it'll have a sweet taste to it :)

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I do think we will see another Zelda trailer here. Not expecting anything ground breaking though because I can see a TOTK Direct happening in April. Nintendo likes to do dedicated directs for games like these a month before they launch, and April is surprisingly quiet so far (besides the Mario movie).

I feel like any major Pokemon news will be saved for a possible Pokemon Direct. Trailers for Return to Dream Land Deluxe and the new Bayonetta game seem likely, as well as news for Advance Wars and Mk8 Wave 4 (not expecting all of Wave 4 to be shown off here). As far as new announcements, I do hope to finally see Mario Baseball and more than that, I hope it is good! Would be thrilled if it was basically Super Sluggers Deluxe with online, honestly. Super Sluggers is one of my favorite Mario spin-offs and a game that I still play to this day.

I'm not really expecting Pikmin 4 here. I do hope to get a Metroid teaser and announcement of Prime remake, but we'll see about that! Maybe the long rumored DK game could be announced or a new Mario game (this is likely the last major direct before the movie releases).

Trying to keep my expectations in check, as usual.

What I expect
-A little about Tears of the Kingdom
-Advance Wars update
-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Wave 4
-Mario Baseball
-Release dates for upcoming NSO releases
What I want
-Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance for NSO
-Wind Waker HD & Twilight Princess HD
What I want (long shot)
-GameCube & Wii for NSO
-Paper Mario & TTYD Remaster or Remake
-Chibi Robo Remaster or Remake

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima