By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A true "next gen" game

VersusEvil said:

Current gen visuals, last gen gameplay.

Maybe try play the game, you didn't even read what I wrote.

Around the Network

I have literally been alive long enough to have seen each generation since Atari 2600, so current gen seems almost indistinguishable from the last. Heck, the 360 seemed like a minor upgrade compared to every new gen that came before it. Things have just slowed down to a crawl now. It's a shame, but that's the way it is.

JackHandy said:

I have literally been alive long enough to have seen each generation since Atari 2600, so current gen seems almost indistinguishable from the last. Heck, the 360 seemed like a minor upgrade compared to every new gen that came before it. Things have just slowed down to a crawl now. It's a shame, but that's the way it is.

Well they're still catering to last gen, but there are a few standouts over the last 1.5 years.

KratosLives said:
VersusEvil said:

Current gen visuals, last gen gameplay.

Maybe try play the game, you didn't even read what I wrote.

Ride The Chariot | '23 Completed | Top 50

KratosLives said:
pikashoe said:

Flight simulator is still the most impressive game of the gen so far.

I got over it after a while. On pc it it looks much better. But even with that, it looks great from afar, but upcose, not so much.

Fun fact, F2020 is also made by Asobo (Plague Tale).

I still didn't get to try Requiem (I really liked Innocence back in the days, but I can't seem to find the time to play Requiem), but I've watched a bit of my stepdaughter's playthrough, and it's a really gorgeous game.

For me personally, next gen still didn't come properly (given that tech is finally there for at least slight paradigm shifts) - while nice visuals are always great, I'm waiting for a high-budget title that mimics something like Teardown.

Around the Network

The motherfucking metaverse!

You can do anything in the metaverse!

There’s baseball, volleyball, Cracker Jack, and Mark Zuckerberg will watch you poo.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

JackHandy said:

There is a lot of truth to this.  One of the reasons I'm not bothered by the Switch's graphics is I played NES a lot....  no modern system looks bad at this point.

I thought they stopped making next gen games last gen

Forza Motorsport is looking mighty impressive so far:

snyps said:

I thought they stopped making next gen games last gen

Nah they still cater to last gen. We haven't entered "next gen".