By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A true "next gen" game

shikamaru317 said:

Forza Motorsport is looking mighty impressive so far:

Best looking Racing game this gen by far.

Around the Network

Haven’t played any current gen exclusives myself, but the more complex geometry is definitely apparant to me in games like Plague Tale, Hogwarts and even Suicide Squad,

zero129 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Forza Motorsport is looking mighty impressive so far:

Doesn't look better than gt7. Their attention to track and car detail is still the best. We'll see when this releases.

KratosLives said:
zero129 said:

Doesn't look better than gt7. Their attention to track and car detail is still the best. We'll see when this releases.

There’s literally comparison videos showing that gt7 is graphically on par with fm7 from 2017 lol. Tbf though, fm8 or whatever it’s going to be called will have been in development a lot longer than gt7, and it’s not going to be a cross-gen game. Idk how Turn 10 is managing to pull 4K 60fps with ray tracing during live gameplay, but I’m excited to see it! But gt7 is definitely holding its own with PSVR2 support. That truly will be an insane experience. 

KratosLives said:
zero129 said:

I played GT7 a lot and I also don't see more detail in that trailer apart from the extreme close ups of waving grass etc. Car detail feels higher in GT7, maybe track side detail is more alive in F8. Can't wait to find out how the rain compares, it's already awesome in GT7

Of course some cars and tracks will look better in F8 detail wise, yet assuming the trailer shows off the best, I have seen better in GT7. Too bad GT7 is pretty lousy as a single player game and online isn't much better thanks to PD not giving a crap about cleaning up the races. It's a most amazing screen saver and screenshot generator though :/ I hope Forza 8 has a good campaign and less brain dead AI.

Around the Network
KratosLives said:
zero129 said:

Nah, you are wrong. You can see here that Forza Motorsport 7, from 2017, running on PC at Ultra settings (and it doesn't exactly take amazing PC specs to hit ultra settings in the now almost 6 years old FM7), looks better than GT7 running on PS5 in 2022:

FM7 wins in (by order of what was shown in the video):

• Car interior lighting
  • Car interior window reflections
  • Rain puddling effect and rain puddle reflections
  • Car headlight lighting quality in rain
  • Asphalt texture quality
  • Headlight shadow casting
  • Rain droplet movement on windshield
  • Car detail on the BMW M4 Coupe used in the video
  • Clearcoat paint reflectivity on the BMW M4 Coupe used in the video
  • Crash and sideswipe physics and sparking
  • Car deformation from damage
  • "Donut" smoke particle quality
  • Shadow quality (softer shadows)
  • Audience reflections in car mirrors
  • Tire tracks left in grass
  • Dirt buildup on car
  • Godray lighting
  • Audience picture taking flash effect not present in GT7

GT7 wins in:

• Grass textures
  • Audience character models
  • Headlight lighting quality (when looking directly at headlight)
  • Car reflections (as a result of raytracing) on the truck used for this comparison in the video
  • Flag waver effect not present in FM7

All other areas seem like effective ties to me. 

With FM7 being 4.5 years older than GT7 and winning in that many areas of graphics and effects, it's a safe bet that Forza Motorsport for PC and Xbox Series is going to wipe the floor with GT7 in terms of graphics and effects. They've built everything from the ground up for the current generation, no last-gen holdovers. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 27 January 2023

Plagues Tales R, Ratchet And Clank RA, Horizon FW, Forza, Ghostwire Tokyo all look fantastic. The Last of Part 1 is also pretty impressive, although an unnecessary remake. I haven't played God of War R yet, but I'm sure I will be impressed by the graphics.

KratosLives said:
zero129 said:

Yeah thats defo a big no. I wont go back over what others have said but its clear as day Forza looks better. But saying that Forza doesnt have to worry about being a cross gen game.

shikamaru317 said:
KratosLives said:

Nah, you are wrong. You can see here that Forza Motorsport 7, from 2017, running on PC at Ultra settings (and it doesn't exactly take amazing PC specs to hit ultra settings in the now almost 6 years old FM7), looks better than GT7 running on PS5 in 2022:

FM7 wins in (by order of what was shown in the video):

• Car interior lighting
  • Car interior window reflections
  • Rain puddling effect and rain puddle reflections
  • Car headlight lighting quality in rain
  • Asphalt texture quality
  • Headlight shadow casting
  • Rain droplet movement on windshield
  • Car detail on the BMW M4 Coupe used in the video
  • Clearcoat paint reflectivity on the BMW M4 Coupe used in the video
  • Crash and sideswipe physics and sparking
  • Car deformation from damage
  • "Donut" smoke particle quality
  • Shadow quality (softer shadows)
  • Audience reflections in car mirrors
  • Tire tracks left in grass
  • Dirt buildup on car
  • Godray lighting
  • Audience picture taking flash effect not present in GT7

GT7 wins in:

• Grass textures
  • Audience character models
  • Headlight lighting quality (when looking directly at headlight)
  • Car reflections (as a result of raytracing) on the truck used for this comparison in the video
  • Flag waver effect not present in FM7

All other areas seem like effective ties to me. 

With FM7 being 4.5 years older than GT7 and winning in that many areas of graphics and effects, it's a safe bet that Forza Motorsport for PC and Xbox Series is going to wipe the floor with GT7 in terms of graphics and effects. They've built everything from the ground up for the current generation, no last-gen holdovers. 

Hmm, I played Forza 7 on Series X back to back with GT7 on PS5. GT7 definitely looks better on console. Maybe on PC Forza 7 goes far beyond what it does on Series X. Anyway no doubt some cars will look better in one vs the others, which makes these comparisons rather tricky.

Looking at that video, it's a lot of cherry picking and stuff you don't pay attention to while racing. While racing I definitely preferred GT7 when it comes to graphics. GT7 looks more natural, F7 more exaggerated. And why can nobody ever drive in these comparisons lol, embarrassing.

Couple old shots from GT7

Can't fault GT7 on graphics, but please let Forza 8 have a good campaign and better AI. GT7 AI is basically still GT5 but worse since it was never made with changing weather conditions in mind. The AI in GT7 is bad in general, yet in the rain it's beyond terrible.

I wish i could import liveries to Forza, or at least the decals. Does Forza 8 have a way to import svg files?

Gt7 looks nothing special.

Forza beats this easy, look how flat and boring gt7 is: