By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation 2023 OpenCritic Prediction League - Year End Results!

Forspoken - (change to 73)
Horizon Call of the Mountain - 85
Final Fantasy XVI - 82
Marvel's Spider-Man 2 - 87
Stellar Blade - no idea, 77?

Around the Network

Forspoken: 71
Horizon Call of the Mountain: 82
Final Fantasy XVI: 86
Marvel's Spiderman 2: 90
Stellar Blade: 79

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Forspoken: 73 (since making my earlier prediction in the past, I have read the critic previews and demo impressions for the game and they were mixed with alot not liking it, so I'm lowering my prediction)
Horizon Call of the Mountain: 84
Final Fantasy XVI: 86
Stellar Blade: 79

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 19 January 2023

Well then, reviews have started coming in for Forspoken and its currently sitting at... (drum roll please) ...68! Yikes.
Lower than anyone predicted but the closest is Captain_Yuri at 71. As the score is sure to fluctuate for a while I won't be writing up any points up yet, but it doesn't seem like there will be many points in this for most predictors, myself included.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Sure am glad I lowered my Forspoken prediction based on the previews and demo feedback I had read, lowering it from 83 to 73 netted me alot of points, as the game is up to 70 on Opencritic right now.

Around the Network

At least I lowered my prediction at all. But 77 was to generous. 69 now, it will likely still change especially after launch when more reviews come in.

shikamaru317 said:

Sure am glad I lowered my Forspoken prediction based on the previews and demo feedback I had read, lowering it from 83 to 73 netted me alot of points, as the game is up to 70 on Opencritic right now.

Yeah good call. Was tempted to lower my own prediction, but ended up sticking with my original gut feeling... which was around 10 points too high.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Horizon Call of the Mountain: 80
Final Fantasy XVI: 84
Stellar Blade: 75

Curve ball from Forspoken to begin the year. Gotta like them !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Horizon Call of the Mountain: 84
Final Fantasy XVI: 84
Marvel's Spiderman 2: 89
Stellar Blade: 81