By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation 2023 OpenCritic Prediction League - Year End Results!

The first 61 reviews are in for FF XVI and so far it's sitting at a score of 90! Very impressive and a big step up from XV which had 81. Might have to pick this one up when I get a PS5

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network
UnderwaterFunktown said:

The first 61 reviews are in for FF XVI and so far it's sitting at a score of 90! Very impressive and a big step up from XV which had 81. Might have to pick this one up when I get a PS5

That's pretty impressive.  I think the last time a mainline FF game scored in the 90's was FF12 (92 on Metacritic).  That released 17 years ago.  There is basically a whole generation of gamers out there that do not know what a really good Final Fantasy game looks like.

I wasn't going to get a PS5, but Yoshi-P might change my mind.  I usually need at least 3-4 games I'm interested in to buy a new system.  This is my first though.

A few I haven't predicted.
Marvel's Spider-Man 2 - 89
Stellar Blade - 78

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

As usual I was too optimistic.

NobleTeam360 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Forspoken: 76
Horizon Call of the Mountain: 85
Final Fantasy XVI: 90
Marvel's Spiderman 2: 90
Stellar Blade: 80

Lowering my FFXVI prediction to an 88. 

Should have stuck with this one

Edit: actually, it's still showing as a 90 on Opencritic but an 88 on Metacritic. Forgot these threads went by Opencritc for a sec, I still expect it to fall on Open as well though. 

Around the Network

Alright, this one ended up being quite late but I've now tallied up the point for Final Fantasy XV which ended up at 88. Suprisingly nobody placed a prediction in the 87-89 range though there were plenty of predictions above and below that, so the closest predictions ended up being the ones at 86 and 90 which there were quite a few of.

Upping my Spider-Man 2 prediction to 88. It's final I swear!

Turns out the Spider-Man 2 review embargo is today, in a little more than 5 hours. This game will basicly make or break Sony's 1st party year so should be very intersting to see how it's recieved.

Reviews are still trailing in but things are looking good for Spider-Man at an impressive score of 91 so far based on 75 reviews. I'm noticing now just how consistent predictions were for this game with all but one person in the 88-90 range, but we did have one outlier (@Oneeee-Chan!!!) predicting 91. Time will tell if it holds.

UnderwaterFunktown said:

Reviews are still trailing in but things are looking good for Spider-Man at an impressive score of 91 so far based on 75 reviews. I'm noticing now just how consistent predictions were for this game with all but one person in the 88-90 range, but we did have one outlier (@Oneeee-Chan!!!) predicting 91. Time will tell if it holds.

i predicted 91 in the multiplatform opencritic thread, it already has 120 reviews on MC so OP should 91 should hold or go higher.