By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo 2023 OpenCritic Prediction League - Year End Results!

Well, things are getting started for real now with this year's first score.
FE Engage reviews have started coming in, meaning of course that predictions on it will have to close. So far it's sitting at a score of 82 (mZuzek has the closest prediction at 81) and I've written it in the OP to signal that reviews are out, but I'll give it a week or two before writing up any points as it's sure to fluctuate early on.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network

Ah yes, another prediction league. I stand by my Zelda and Advance Wars scores, so I'll leave them be.

Kirby Return to Dream Land Deluxe - 76
Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon - 78
Pikmin 4 - 85

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Welp, from the desastrous predictions of last year, I have to defend my "crown" of worst OC predictor lol.

For the new games :

- Kirby's Return to Dreamland : 80
- Bayonetta Origins : 75
- Pikmin 4 : 84

*I'm changing my predict for Advance Wars Reboot Camp for a 77 score.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Fire Emblem Engage - 81
Kirby Return to Dream Land Deluxe - 82
Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon - 76
Pikmin 4 - 88

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Kirby Return to Dream Land Deluxe - 70
Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon - 68
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - 97
Pikmin 4 - 80
Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp - 74

Around the Network

Kirby Return to Dream Land Deluxe - 73
Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon - 70
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - 96
Pikmin 4 - 87
Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp - 80

Kirby Return to Dream Land Deluxe - 78 (good game and with new stuff but like... not a necessary port)

Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon - 82 - Feels like it will be a cheaper kind of game. Looks like they invested a lot in the artistic direction so i have faith the result will be somewhat polished

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - 96 - It will suffer from being the sequel to one of the best game of all time. It has huge expectations and i know they will exceed a lot of them, but some people might not like how it will not be botw 2.0.

Pikmin 4 - 87 - I feel like this one will have gotten more care and innovative ideas. It will be a polished product i can feel it.

Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp - 78 - i feel like it will be good but that's it.

Fire Emblem Engage - 79
Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe - 76
Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon - 70
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - 98
Pikmin 4 - 82
Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp - 75

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe - 76
Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon - 76
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - 96
Pikmin 4 - 86
Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp - 78

Darwinianevolution said:

Fire Emblem Engage - 79

https://opencritic.com/game/13896/fire-emblem-engage

You're late, the reviews have been out for a week now.