By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo 2023 OpenCritic Prediction League - Year End Results!

Guess we all low-balled it

Around the Network

Awesome reviews for Metroid

I will hold off to get it for a couple of months because I have too much to play now and new games (Hogwarts Legacy, Octopath and finishing my second Fire Emblem run) are my priorities

I will try to have it finished before Zelda arrives, although I'm having the feeling I will maybe lose Zelda launch window to try to get a physical copy

Wow 96 now

Sooo how do we feel about another shadowdrop that might be in the conversation for game the year haha 😂 (Though, this one is a remaster, no way it could get nominated like Hi-Fi Rush)

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:

Sooo how do we feel about another shadowdrop that might be in the conversation for game the year haha 😂 (Though, this one is a remaster, no way it could get nominated like Hi-Fi Rush)

We'll see how Zelda will be but Metroid Prime is definetly a contender

Around the Network

Think we've given it enough time so I've tallied up the points for Metroid Prime Remastered with an incredible score of 95, significantly higher than anyone predicted, but we did have two guesses at 90 which were the closest. Quite suprised it managed to stay all the way up there myself, but congratulations to Retro on a well recieved comeback.

Meanwhile Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe is sitting at 80 so far, higher than most of us expected though a few were in that range. Will give it a while longer to settle.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Wait, am I gonna possibly get the best prediction for Kirby RoT Deluxe after having the worst prediction for Metroid Prime remastered 😅

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I want to raise my Bayonetta Origins prediction to 83.

UnderwaterFunktown said:

Think we've given it enough time so I've tallied up the points for Metroid Prime Remastered with an incredible score of 95, significantly higher than anyone predicted, but we did have two guesses at 90 which were the closest. Quite suprised it managed to stay all the way up there myself, but congratulations to Retro on a well recieved comeback.

Wow it went up again ? I thought it would remain at 94 after the Jimqiisition review

SKMBlake said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

Wow it went up again ? I thought it would remain at 94 after the Jimqiisition review

It didn't even drop to 94 on opencritic because they don't feature Jimquisition reviews it seems. On the other hand opencritic does feature a 7.2/10 review from Forever Classic Games. But it's a 95 on both now regardless. It kept getting more 10/10 scores.