By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo 2023 OpenCritic Prediction League - Year End Results!

First reviews are in for Detective Pikachu Returns and for now it's sitting at 67 with only 22 % of critics recommending it (oof). Pretty rough and lower than anyone predicted but it's only based on 18 reviews so far, so it's quite likely to move a few points one way or the other.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network

Raising my Super Mario Bros Wonder prediction to an 88.

Mario Wonder - 91
Super Mario Rpg - 86
Wario Ware Move It! - 71

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

It looks like Wonder might land around 92, which is about what I expected from playing the game. It's better than NSMB (not by much, but definitely better) so it makes sense it would score higher.

Wow mario wonder currently at 93. That is an absolutely phenomenal review score, even if it drops a point or 2 being in the 90+ range is a fantastic achievement.

Around the Network
pikashoe said:

Wow mario wonder currently at 93. That is an absolutely phenomenal review score, even if it drops a point or 2 being in the 90+ range is a fantastic achievement.

Seen some reviewers call it the best 2D Mario game ever made. That is one bold statement. Cant wait!

As has already been pointed out the first scores have landed for Super Mario Wonder and currently its sitting 92 with 40 reviews, excellent start and matches the highest prediction placed. Myself and others definitely undershot on this one.

Great score by Mario! 93 on Metacritic is sexy.

Looks like 2023 will turn out a lot like 2017 with a highly acclaimed Zelda in spring and highly acclaimed Mario for the holiday. Not quite at 97 like Odyssey, but still in the 90+ range though.

UnderwaterFunktown said:

Looks like 2023 will turn out a lot like 2017 with a highly acclaimed Zelda in spring and highly acclaimed Mario for the holiday. Not quite at 97 like Odyssey, but still in the 90+ range though.

That's a great comparison. It sure does look like 2017 all over again.

Let me say, having a 2D Mario score above 92+ is incredible (2D platformers are sometimes frowned upon by critics because the mechanics are simpler than a 3D outing).